International Series Tournament

Discussions about the various leagues
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Rebel Chik0rita »

Death Barrel wrote:lol, thats still funny and all when the date on that was after the fact that the iLeague was already arranged, which sorta proves my point

the iLeague , IIRC , was initially just CTF ...created in response to what you felt the regular CTF league was not competitive or active enough for you . you added FFA and HTF only after the fact IST had already planned on adding it . My HTF idea was started in february , and the IST-HTF ladder began in early march . the rules of which you have adapted for your own iLeague . which if you remember , i also voted on and agreed with you on using it for your league . because it's not important to me , as i have said it doesnt matter to me if you use our ideas . as SGI pointed out there is no copyright .

btw , the IST is both a tournament and a league . hence the "S" in IST . which stands for a "Series" of Tournaments . and the FFA division was going to be an intergral part of IST , just as the CTF division was . you probably weren't paying attention to the dicussions so thats why you have the facts wrong . again .
as for whatever else you said i don't know it all reads like blah blah blah so i skipped over it LoL

funny indeed ;)

peace an BZhugz ,
-R. Chikorita
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

no that is not true and how would you know??

iLeague need to be bigger so we added all kinds of things into it, was never going to just be CTF that would have been just plain stupid, so where do you get off making that up?

you are all wrong, lol, you said League not Trounament, and IST is not a league no matter what you say :) it was a tournament oh well have fun with your new league :)

yep sure is funny :)
DB
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

whoop Ti do! who cares who though of it first. your fighting like ponies. as i said in Ist forum why not make 1 league. ileague was made to satisify all bzflag players not just htf or ffa but all of them.
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

lol

okkayy whatever :::roll:::

umm i know BB because you talked to me about it when you were planning the iLeague .
and also , the iLeague idea started on march 19... four days after the IST-FFA idea came about dated march 15th . i have proof too .
and if you think about it , it was more than four days , since the idea was suggested to us since last year when the IST started . but does it really matter? its not important who thought of this first . its how you run it .

one thing i do admit the IST first started as a tournament , but it evolved into a league . and now its a FFA league . and it will continue to evolve...as the game BZFlag does too .
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

i didnt want to get involed cause i dont really wanna pick sides and u guys might get the wrong idea. but here it is.
chik: the ist ffa was a "suggestion" i havent really read most of the post but i think it would of followed the same rules of IST.

it may or may not come before dbs ileague ideas, BUT his ideas were to include all game styles not just FFA so it would benefit for all players.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

chiko that was not my point, my point was you wanted an International FFA tournament, not an FFA league! that is what i am talking about, and i never told you that the iLeague was going to strictly be CTF, i never said that! ask anyone you were surely not the first to hear, Patlabor and Noodleman and RuFiToS were, just ask them. don't really care anymore :) cause now it is just a simple race :)

have fun! :)

DB
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

it doesn't matter much to me either .

just to make things clear so that you understand , i will repeat that the FFA League will be involved in FFA and HTF matches only . it will be a Tournament League , as the I.S.T. was . if you do not understand what that means , I'll explain...
a tournament league is a league that holds a new tournament every year . unlike a regular league or ladder , there is a Final Championship round held at the end of the year . afterwards , all the team scores are reset to zero for the new tourny to begin the next year . and all the same teams and their players are carried over to the next tourny . the FFA League will use a similiar positive-point type scoring system that the I.S.T. league used .

from what I gather Carny and BB have said , the iLeague will be involved in 1v1 , CTF , FFA , HTF , bunnyhunt , ect....and will use the same ELO scoring method that the present CTF league uses .

and that's where the main differences between our leagues lay .

so let the players decide what they want .

okay? =)

peace + hugz
-R.Chikorita
Last edited by Rebel Chik0rita on Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

im just trying to get the point across that noone is copying anyone. why change ist, just leave it alone and make a new league.
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

chik why dont you hand the league over to some1 and start your FFa league, many player that heard ist is gone got very upset, all my teammies i talked to and some usa player to.

Post by Guest »

please dont do this RC i mean about the killing CTF IST leae it i just started and i want to have fun in it nicole quots "i hardlee even play ffa!!!" i quot "thats messed up shes should start a new one AND keep CTF IST" please dont chik... :?
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

lol

im sorry carny and lil dog and nicole and all others too . i realize this is a big change .
instead of creating yet another league :roll: i believe it best to change the I.S.T. and i still believe so .
the sad fact is , there were only 3 matches played so far this new I.S.T. season =P
i do appreciate your enthusiasm for the I.S.T... i just wish more players felt that way too .

i know you all are hardcore CTF players =)
so am i ;)
don't worry , there's always the CTF league and the iLeague for you and me to play capture-the-flag matches .

lets all have fun! yay! =D

peace +bzhugz,
R.Chikorita
Last edited by Rebel Chik0rita on Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

chik come on, there are like 5 players on ducati waiting to talk to you, to change your mind
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

as i've stated elsewhere.. i don't have as much time for BZflag as i used to (esp. since it's summer ;)

..so i'm dropping the FFA idea indefinately and just focusing on the HTF league for now...

(..hoping the iLeague picks up FFA because i wouldn't mind playing a few FFA matches now an then ;)
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hehe, we are working hard on the matter now, turns out coding is a lot harder than it looks :) and since noodleman can't do the site, just makes things a bit harder....hehe

you guys will be the first to know :D
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

what code dont you have... ill attempt to do it db
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I might be able to help with some of the coding. Just have a few more days of school left. By then I'll be looking for a summer job, but I'll still have some free time. I can do PHP and JavaScript. ;)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

hey i already called it blast! besides, he says its all done
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

just to let people know ... the IST is changing over to HTF and the HTF League .
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

elmer fudd wrote:hey i already called it blast! besides, he says its all done
don't fight boys...it's called cooperation!
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

yes, you guys message me or something, you can work together if you want :)
Rebel Chik0rita
Private First Class
Private First Class

lildog wrote:i thought it was changing to FFA?? i want an ffa league! :|

don't worry :wink: the iLeague will be covering FFA =)
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

yes, hopefully, if we can get it done soon....lol.

getting a good league up and running is hard work!

Post by Guest »

i hear yuh DB and RC... when ileague comes out can people be in it AND ctf league?
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

yea b/c they are 2 different leagues. I think the CTF league will eventually die out.
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

Actually, the ctf league is being reworked also 8)
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image