teatree

legends may sleep ...
... but they never die!

http://my.bzflag.org/league
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

its that way now because teams are joining at different times. Though it really doesnt matter because it is based off of the average.
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Rebel Chikorita

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

lol teatreee

...BaDin , it is very difficult to say the least to arrange any matches . scheduling has been an obstacle , even in the CTF league , because most everyone has different play periods . consider also the difference in time zones . so the matches that have been played so far are all impromtu . hopefully Skis' match calendar thingie wil help solve that problem :)

as for borderlines , there is nothing wrong with showing your national pride in competition . what do you think the Olympics are all about ?
or the soccer world cup? :)

(btw, teatree i think itz the USA that will win the BZ World Cup *ahem* ;)

creating a BZ tournament with the same theme as the Olympics or the soccer world cup makes alot of sense to mee .
the fact that we can all get together and play a game peacefully.. a game that appeals to lots of peeps beyond any borders an over great distance(via internet).. and meeting so many different people from different cultures that enjoy this game too just amazing to mee at times...
the I.S.T. won't seperate any peoples . It will bring the international BZ community closer together , heh ;)

to have even more fun! yay!
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

whats everyone talking about germany going to win no usa going to win Pff. your all wrong.
you know who is going to win the most active team with 2 excellent players on it.(for the finals)
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

lol, Chestal...fanta??? lmao
not a problem for the USA :)
i am sure the Championship will come down to it...
so we will see just how it is :)
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

what are you talking about BB "the champs" you guys usa LoL.
me and Quol will take your best players on
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

anytime anyplace anyHoW :)
BaDiN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by BaDiN »

Olá,

I'm not "condemning" the IST, feel free to play :) I'm just saying that I believe that there are other better ways to make a tournament, and I will prove it to you :D

Concerning borderlines: chiko, there's nothing wrong about patriotism, and the olimpics or the world cups have nothing wrong. But the internet knows no contries, here we are all world citizens.

BZHugz,

BaDiN
Rebel Chikorita

BaDiN wrote:Olá,

Concerning borderlines: chiko, there's nothing wrong about patriotism, and the olimpics or the world cups have nothing wrong. But the internet knows no contries, here we are all world citizens.

umm okies , so wut was your point about having teams representing their country? and whats wrong with the internet emulating the real world ? (for instance , a BZ World Cup or Olympics)
this has nothing to do with politics , or borderlines . this is just about having fun ...
teams are already allowed to group together if they want . but i dont see this happening . do u know why? because most people are very proud of who they are an where they come from . yes we are all world citizens , but having a national identity is nice too , and that makes us unique... rather than everyone being generalized and grouped together as a whole...

like u said , theres nothing wrong with showing your patriotism.
mee myself i am very proud to be able to represent and fight for my countrys' namesake and reputation . if u are not proud then i suggest u go back to the old CTF-league .
the I.S.T. will give a better chance for people to get to know more about the other players that they see on a regular basis .
so far all the I.S.T. matches i have seen have been very fun and friendly . it is very heartwarming indeed , and gives mee more hope for this World and Humanity .

:)
Rebel Chikorita

on another note , i have seen some experienced players partnered with novice players on their countrys' team ... and teams being put together not based on how good you are or your skill level , as with the CTF-league . but joined together in comaraderie with their fellow countrymen . it is great to see this mentor-protege relationship between teammates . to help each other play better and make their country look its best :)
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

BaDiN wrote:Olá,

I'm not "condemning" the IST, feel free to play :) I'm just saying that I believe that there are other better ways to make a tournament, and I will prove it to you :D

BZHugz,

BaDiN
Im always open to opinion, but i dont think we should turn this into who can make the better tournament. Honestly, Im may be taking this the wrong way but im kinda taken back by your comments. Weve been putting a lot of effort into this IST league. I myself have spent the last few weeks, through my breaks at work, hours at home and countless emails to try to support a tournament that everyone can enjoy. Posting 'challenges' by stating you will prove to us that your tournament will be better, kinda puts the IST league down. Like ive said before, its a work in progress. Im open for suggestions. Im sure you didnt mean anything by it but please see our side of it too :? ...

Please, I dont want this thread to become a locked thread...no more fighting...heh :)
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

W000t italy is really kicking it. team canada would like to match you soon.
Keep up the good work :)
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Canada is now challenging all teams:)
So bring it on :twisted:
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

:) canada is now tied with USA :) as soon as ski enters the results

to to aware everyone to hurry up and match there are only 4 spots in the finals.

GO TEAM ITALY
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

everything is ready to be entered, I will update as sson as access to the server is restored :)
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

great news guys :) ....... orange is going to host the finals on his server >>>> bzflag.weisenborn.com port:7000
now...this server is still a private server, but the finials will be played there!! This is a great server to meet halfway for US and Europe!! so, i will have more information for this later, after talking with orange somemore. This is great news....this server gets great lag with europeans and americans..... so, set a memo letting everyone know that this is where the finals will be played :)!!!

touch base on this later :)
Rebel Chikorita

yay

Thank U Orange :)
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

cool, thanks Orange :)
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

hi all, for now please send all IST match results to me. Since Chik wont be around as much, any scores sent to her may not get posted in a timely manner. I will soon be opening up some admin spots to help me with the league upon which scores can be reported to them as well. I will post these spots on the site so you can email them.

Thanks,
ski
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

megachirops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by megachirops »

I'm really glad to see IST going strong (personally, I didn't think it would get off the ground, congrats.) I was planning on joining the the next tourney, but i then saw the roster for USA :( I think that IST USA needs a secession (north/south or east west) I'd certainly join the CSA (yes, i have confederate blood). I donno, just a suggestion, what'cha think? It would certainly allow more USA people to become active and make things more competitive for the next tournament.
"When in doubt, quit"
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

Well, I think your right. I have received a few other inquiries regarding their interest in joining a team, the US in particular, however the active roster is full. I would be glad to give up my spot for someone hoever there are more than 1 interested so I could only help one. I dont want to limit anyone from joining the IST league because it would only be counter productive and lead to the downfall of the league...not only that, it wouldnt be right..heh. Anywho, I feel that an additional US would create more matches. So, yes, it is being considered. The decision has to be made how the US should be divided regionally, if this is to happen. I will post a poll to get everyones input.

Thanks for you comment!!
Ski
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Past is past...........future is your life.
Divide the "team" i base of "quantity".
If there is a lot tank from south or west you can divide with a normal A or B Or USA team blue or RED or White.
Start a selection from how many tanks are from W,S,N,E.
Or from A to P and Q to Z.
Or try a funny way......people from south can play with North alliance and people fron north in the South Alliance.
But the best I think ........a casualty division of "tanks".
There isnt a West Coast or etc but only a two /three different teams......
Will be just a team no South or North or East Coast or West division but just a team ( a number of persons associated together in work or activity)
Blue, red, white team
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

Just a reminder..the clock is ticking and the championship will be here REAL soon. So far the teams going in are:

Canada, Italy, Poland, and USA

However there still is time to get in last minute....
On Dec 1, I will announce who will be in the championship and other info.

Thanks,
ski
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

Hey all, my sincere apologies about the delay however I could not access the board which threw everything off....ANYWAYZ, assuming everything is back to normal (Mister Riker musta worked his magic...THANKS TIM :) ) Ill update EVERYTHING tomorrow morning...Again my apologies...
Rest In Peace Vivek

Member of DUB

Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

to let you all know i wont be playing on team canada next year.
if there is a contential team i might play.