Should continental teams be allowed in the I.S. Tournament?

Discussions about the various leagues

Should the I.S. Tournament allow continental teams?

yes , both national and continental teams
75%
yes , but continental teams only
No votes
no , national teams only
25%

Total votes: 12

Rebel Chikorita

Should continental teams be allowed in the I.S. Tournament?

Post by Rebel Chikorita »

Regarding team formations , a possible compromise is to allow the grouping of countries to create "blocks" or regional teams , while still having individual countries .

for example , the possible addition of a North American team and a European team .

larger AND smaller national teams may still prefer to keep their national identity by remaining independant and individual , such as Team USA , Team Poland , ect.

this ammendment will allow players from smaller countries who may be unable to find a sufficient number of native teammates to form a national team , to still be able to join and participate in the I.S. tournament under a continental team.

players in the I.S. Tournament may either belong to a national team or a continental team , but not both .

once a player has joined a specific team and played in an official I.S. Tournament match , that player cannot switch to another team thereafter . either from national to continental , continental to national , or from one team to another team of the same/different country . this is to discourage players from possibly switching from a team that is not in the Finals to one that will be or is in the Finals ...
daBomb (no more)
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by daBomb (no more) »

I voted for first option. The reason is obvious and well discussed here on the forum.

daBomb
bottom
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Continental teams should definately as well as national teams. It allows everyone to be a part of the tournament.