CTF with version 1.10

Discussions about the various leagues
KRR
Private First Class
Private First Class

CTF with version 1.10

Post by KRR »

UPDATE: Up to 4 people per team now, and 3 shots.

A word of caution: CTF servers set at the default (ie normal) speed will seem *very* slow after you play on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all -

I have a US-based CTF server set up for those of you who have upgraded to the 1.10 release. Currently, as it seems there are not a lot of people using 1.10, I have it configured for 2v2, 4 shots, and high speed tanks. Its a lot of fun, and "suicide" can be an effective strategy to save your flag or capture the others...

Have fun, and when more people start playing there I'll return it to a Ducati-style 2 shotter so we can play League style CTF.

KR

PS - Additional configs are:

/set _tankSpeedHoW -30

and

-ms HoW 1

:twisted:
Last edited by KRR on Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My other tank is a sailboat..."
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hehe, so you did not list the server address!!

HoW is the dominating force in this league, i see why you have to config that stuff...i would too if i had to play HoW :)
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

buggered?

Post by bamf. »

KR,
I jut popped on your server with a couple others, high speed is neat. But it seems shots don't work. I fired at tanks, but none blew up. The other players attempted the same thing with the same result. I (and they) could not see other tank bullets, we could only see our own. I assume this is not by design, but a problem?
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

I noticed the bullets seem faster..heh
Kinda like having a RF flag:)
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

lol, KR's server is a big change!! i really like it, very funny w/ super hyper drive (speed set to 500) normal ducati style speed is 35 ,, lol so a big change :)

KR: great server, very low lag :D

DB
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

it is hilarious, you can chase down your own bullets and blow yourself up!
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

yep, i was doing that all night last night...lol it was funny,
the highest score i saw was 2 lol
KRR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by KRR »

UPDATE: Up to 4 people per team can play now, and I changed the shot count to 3 shots.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the new bzflag version, tank speed and shot speed (and other stuff) can be changed as the server is running without a restart. Very cool, and props to Mr Apathy Cream for showing me those functions.

I will leave the server set at tank speed 65 and shot speed 100/110 by default, but can always speed it up or slow it down by request. Look for me on IRC if I am not on the server.

At one point yesterday we had tank speed set to 1000 - it was hilarious. :D

bamf - dunno what the problem was last night, I was asleep. :) It could have been that with the higher settings (both tank and shot speeds - tank was at 300, and shots at 150), and lag, there are some peculiarities. I thought I was seeing some weirdness with lags above 200ms earlier. Try it again at the defaults which are set now (mentioned above) and see how it works.
"My other tank is a sailboat..."
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

bamf: that is what it was, the speed was left to like 500 by KR lol, by my request, i couldn't hit anything either besides my own bullets..lol
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bamf. »

Hmm...we purposely sat motionless to test and fired at each other. No hits and opponent could not see enemy bullets.
It's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says: Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say: Sorry, got these sacks.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

And now I want know how I can have my tank drive license back....a policeman stop me and give me a ticket for high speed.
Fine $10000000000 two years without driving a tank
probation...and help people to learn how drive a tank under the speed limit....SOB!!!!!
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

SGI: you should have blamed it on lag....lol

bamf: strange, it is probabally another bug. i tried 1.10 out for the first time last night and right off the bat i noticed 2 bugs in about a 5 min period >>> the jumping bug on non-jumping servers, and a tracer/ghosting bug >>>seems when you minimize bz and then maximize it, you start seeing tracers and ghosting really bad, so bad i had to quit!

ah well, i do like a lot of the new features, especially autopilot!! i can now step out and have a smoke while my autopilot plays for me :) lol, KR and i had and autopilot war last night :D and i like the way you can pick observer instead of putting @ infront of your callsign, makes it much more convienient.

DB