FUN League

Discussions about the various leagues
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

FUN League

Post by Mucho Maas »

Hello all,

everybody give Menotume a big big hug. He fixed all database related issues for the FUN League site.

This means the FUN League is reopened

Link: http://fun.bzleague.com

You dont have to be a member of a GU, ducati or pillbox league team.
But you will always be a member of the FUN league, as long as you play FUN matches.
So register your self and start playing offical FUN matches.

An FUN match is Teams Red vs. Green on a Ducati or
Pillbox match map, or Red vs. Purple on a GamesUnited match
server with atleast one registerd FUN league member on both teams.

When reporting a FUN match, in addition to the score be
sure to include the players names and on which team they played.

An FUN match is very similar to the Ducati and GamesUnited league matches.
But different to those league matches, in the FUN league you are not a
permanent member of a team. So instead of the team rating, this league tracks
the individual rating for each player. Your individual rating depends on
how many matches you have won and how strong your team members and
opponents for those matches were.

If you haven't registered yet, feel welcome to do so. For those that have registered, but have forgotten their password, contact me. I will then assign a new password for you, which you can change when you managed to log on.

Note that the FUN League does not have dedicated match serves. Matches are played on the match servers of either the GU, ducati or pillbox league. Please respect the server rules of those leagues when playing matches on their server. Be sure to have read all the stickies under http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewforum.php?f=103. Those are the rules for the GU League when you play a FUN match on a GU League server.

Also, League matches take precedence over FUN matches

Starting Matches
  • Before starting a match, play a few minutes for warm
    This allows you to check your lag and jitter and to check the lag and jitter of the other players. If you don't like someone's connection this is good time you tell him. As a rule of thumb, more than 250 ms lag, a jitter above 15ms or packet loss qualifies as a bad connection.
  • All participants of the match have to agree to report the match on the FUN League site.
  • Before starting the countdown
    - make sure that everybody is ready!
    - make sure that everybody has rejoined the server, is on the appropriate team color, and that nobody spawns before the game has started.
  • To start the match, enter the command /countdown in your console (that's the place where you type "lol" a lot).
  • Per default, this will start a 10 second countdown. After the countdown has finished, and the message "Game has started" appeared on your screen, is when you are allowed to spawn (press 'i').
Pausing Matches
During the match someone may get disconnected ([nr]), have a lag/jitter spike or something else may occur that requires for the game to be paused.
To pause a game, enter the command /countdown pause in your console. The game is resumed by typing /countdown resume.
Before you resume a match, make sure that
  • the problem was resolved
  • everybody is ready!
  • all players have returned to the position where they were when the game was paused.
/countdown resume will initiate another countdown of 5 seconds before the game is resumed. Make sure that neither you or any other player starts moving or turning before the 5 second countdown has finished!

Please do not abuse the pause command. The pause command is to be used in exceptions only. A game that is paused to often looses its flow.

Player substitution
It is also allowed to change the team lineup during a game either by substitution or by changing the number of players (e.g. by changing a 2vs2 into a 3vs3). Adding players requires consensus with all participating players.
The player that enters an ongoing match is required to selfkill immediately on the first spawn. The only exceptions are:
  • the player joins the match immediately after a cap
  • when a player substitutes another player.
    In that case the player is allowed to take in the position of the player he is substituting.
Match reporting
After the match has ended, the match needs to be reported. Either report a match to a present FUN League referee or admin. If a FUN League referee or an admin is not present, report the match through BZMail on the FUN League site:
  • Decide with the other team who will report the match. Usually, someone from the winning team reports. Only one person should report to avoid duplicate match entries.
  • Include the teams, the score, which team won, and the players involved, and on what team they played.
  • Include the date and GMT time of when the match ended.
    The current GMT time is displayed at the top left corner of the GU League site.
  • To find a referee or admin to report to, go to the FUN League website at http://fun.bzleague.com/index.php?link=contact. Make sure you report the match to a referee or admin you know is recently active. That is usually a referee or admin that you have either seen online the same or previous day.
And remember, don't take matches to seriously. It is a game.
Have fun, win if you can, but if you don't, don't get mad.

Foo
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who
Lee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: FUN League

Post by Lee »

Unknown column 'l_forumthread.status_by' in 'on clause'

Well, doesn't that suck .. I mean uh, do I still get to participate in this, even if I'm banned from the GU league?
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

Those forms are ancient and aren't being used anymore. As for your other question, you won't be able to spawn on any of the GU Fun league servers. Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be participating while you're still banned from GU.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

thx foo, meno :)
ill sign up :)
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Lee - being banned in gu league will keep you from fm there. IIRC, you were banned recently on dub servers, nor are you on the list to spawn. That said, no funleague for you.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Lee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lee »

kierra wrote:Lee - being banned in gu league will keep you from fm there. IIRC, you were banned recently on dub servers, nor are you on the list to spawn. That said, no funleague for you.
Shame I'm a pillbox player then, isn't it?
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Lee
I think you will find that the admins removed you from that league as well because of your behavior and attitude.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by quantum dot »

kierra wrote:Lee
I think you will find that the admins removed you from that league as well because of your behavior and attitude.
not to mention his blatant cheating.
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
Pizzahead
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Pizzahead »

I just signed up for it, but it looks like not many people have checked out this topic. Hopefully, we could get this up and running. There seem to be more fms nowadays in GU then officials.

Ho Hum,
Pizza
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

Just read the FAQ. It made me really laugh^^
Q: Can i play a match for the blue team?
A: No, blue team is very inactive at the moment