The New League

Discussions about the various leagues
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

The New League

Post by FangUp »

Hey! Drama Queen is back!
Well i was thinking, all the current leagues (duc, GU, open etc.) were pointed by capturing the flag.
My suggestion is to make a league that would go by killing.

Example:

The HiX map (GU)
On each team same number of players
The point is to kill opponent how many times you can
After the player has died 10 times, the plugin would automaticly send him in Observer mode.
So this is more like a survival league

Hints on play:

BE AGGRESIVE!
Have teamwork, if you just stay in the corner and say to yourself: "hehe in this way, I wont lose any points!" that is incorrect way, because than they will (if 2v2) attack one player! 2v1! that poor guy will soon get overpowered ):

So what do you think about it?

For even a BIGGER crazyness, 3 teams could play at once!
So like 1 team would be Blue, 1 Red and 1 Green!
All current leagues allow only 2 leagues to play at one time and they have 1st and 2nd place! this would have: -- <1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place and Tie> - unlike: <Win, lose, Tie> !!!

Please comment and share your upgrades/ideas in the comment window below. (:

(If there is a man that can host this it would be great but i do not think that it will even go into action :/ )

Have Fun & Enjoy your stay!

- FangUp
To be or not to be. - W. Shakespeare
To bee or not to bee? I sure love Honee! - FangUp
Playing since 2005, with an unregistered nickname.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: The New League

Post by JeffM »

A plugin can not convert a player to an observer.
ImageJeffM
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

ahh...to bad...
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

However this is not to be restricted to possible workarounds, which have to be done often to make features players want work.

For example, we can simply kick the player on their death, or prevent them from spawning anymore. I am pretty sure you do not know this, but there was a plugin awhile back called "Last Tank Standing" that was used for LTS Tournament matches. (They were held quite a few times now.) The goal was to stay above the lowest scoring player and survive. Every minute one player would be kicked until all players were defeated. Of course, your idea deserves some credit too. I can say having a 10 life system would be interesting. In fact, it may be quite difficult.

The strategy would be to have all of your team focus on one teammate on another team. Let us assume two teams have 3 players. The sooner you could get one team down to 2 players instead of 3, the faster you can wipe them out completely. That isn't to say that some players may be able to develop good enough skills to combat 2 or 3 players at the same time also. (Some already can, and quite well.)

Maybe we can work out something, or you can get other players interested.
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

Yes, i know about last tank standing because it was my idea and i did not take any credit from it... ah whatever (:
This idea can be a bit changed though, i shall think of something just for fun lol but if any1 could make that true.....soon!
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mahem1 »

It sounds like a good idea, I think it would make a good map and gameplay, but it seems people don't seem to like confusing concepts..... (Humans vs. Zombies, AHOD ,Qbert, etc...)
So try not to make it too confusing ;)
FangUp wrote:i shall think of something just for fun lol but if any1 could make that true.....soon!
I am pretty sure if you keep saying that then it won't happened.
You should set up your own server and asking for help making the plugin.
I know BZAddict has free hosting, and I think you also get one free plugin to suit your needs.
So that might be a useful place to start.
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

I see, to tell you the truth i am not so good at programming like others....ahs3 for example....but thanks for support mahem1, and you said: "I am pretty sure if you keep saying that then it won't happened." , I will try to keep to that what you told me (:
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by FiringSquad »

JeffM wrote:A plugin can not convert a player to an observer.
But you could spawn them in a spectator area, where they can do no harm. Or they could continually be spawned in "Hell" where they are killed by a World Weapon. After which it would be more fun for them to voluntarily go to observer mode.
Another option would be to give the player an undroppable OO flag and spawn them in the graveyard, where they immediately go 6 feet under. From there, they can move underground and look above, but can't shoot.
FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

FS, you do have a point, or that the second spawn would be in a glass box, so they could fully observe the match and do no harm.
-panda-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by -panda- »

Not true, the new plugin on openleague "last man standing" converts a player to an observer :)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

the pink brit wrote:
Not true, the new plugin on openleague "last man standing" converts a player to an observer :)
The BZFS API does not support changing the team of a player that is already on the server. Muri's plugin bypassed the API and utilized an unsupported method to accomplish that.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)