Riker/Chestal training map: rico dodging

Discussions about the various leagues
An SQUERRILz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Riker/Chestal training map: rico dodging

Post by An SQUERRILz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:54 am

I have provided a server/map for pure rico dodging training for Chestal and Riker Cup -- just search for "rico" in the serverlist. I expect to take it down after Riker.

If you are interested, there are some handy tweaks possible by adjusting the server variables (ask me in-game for a demo; PM or ask in-game me or other GU players for permission to /set variables):
  • It shoots a 3-shot rico spread but it can be adjusted to 2 shots and even 1 shot.
  • Isolated training of fitting between gaps: If you set the mid spread ratio, you can make it so every spread has a survivable gap, just at a different position. Ideal for learning how to move towards a gap without accidentally running into a shot.
  • Isolated training of total avoidance: If you make the spread tight, this is an excellent way to teach dodgers the fundamental skill of walking around all 3 shots and predicting the rough whereabouts of the rico
  • Isolated training of reaction time: If you set the difficulty high (and thus distance low) but the spreads wide, all spreads will be dodgeable if your reaction time is good enough.