LeaguesUnited Season 2!

Discussions about the various leagues
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

LeaguesUnited Season 2!

Post by lep »

Howzit everyone!

We are going to run another Season for LU, with a few minor changes. The Season will run from 1/10/22 - 2/13/22 UTC time and will again be divided into 4 drafted teams. Some notes/changes below:

- We will be collecting signups for who is interested (see link below), rather than drafting from all LU players. That caused some teams to have more inactive players than others, so we're hoping signups will help with this.
- In Season 1, I got feedback about points being awarded 2x when playing on non-HiX-Duc maps...This Season, points will be awarded 1.5x instead. We still want to encourage play on other map styles this way, but the shrink in multiplier will help prevent runaways.
- In Season 1, matches were consistently played through the first 5 weeks of the 7 week season, so we are limiting the season to 5 weeks.
- 4 captains will draft from the list of players who used the signup sheet.

If you're interested in playing in Season 2, please visit the link below and show your interest. Your signup is due January 1, 2020, and teams will be drafted and shared before January 10.

Signup Link: https://poll.leaguesunited.org/survey/7
Season Rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19_z ... sp=sharing

Please PM me or ping me on Discord if you have questions. Looking forward to some more competitive games!

ll

Edit by blast: The signup link has been fixed.
Runruns
Private
Private

Re: LeaguesUnited Season 2!

Post by Runruns »

NOW KNOW ON THE LIST. leprechaun
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Hi All,

Just a last-minute update on Season 2. We will move forward with 3 captains instead of 4. This actually works out nicely with the numbers, as teams will be relatively even number-wise and each team will consist of a reasonable amount of players for both small and large official matches.

The draft is taking place on January 9th, and I will post the results immediately following since the season starts on January 10th.

Thanks to everyone who has registered and we look forward to seeing how this season goes! Shoots,

ll
lep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by lep »

Welcome to LU Season 2!

Captains have officially compiled their teams and Season 2 begins soon at 12:00 UTC on Monday, January 10th! Teams are viewable on the LeaguesUnited Season 2 spreadsheet that I have linked below. One tab of the spreadsheet has the three teams and their members, along with the link to the Rules document. The second tab is where I'll help keep track of matches, wins/draws/losses, points, etc. A few reminder points:
  • Season matches will use the /offi command. Matches would be reported as "mixed vs mixed" thereby not affecting actual LU results. However, if teams happen to align for both, that is welcomed!
  • ONE person must report match results to the #season-and-reporting channel in the LU Discord. This includes TEAM NAMES, SCORE, REPLAY LINK.
  • You are welcome to play on any of the 8 map styles- but teams must play on each one at least once. The far right side of the Score Reporting tab has a list that will be updated accordingly.
Please familiarize yourself with these documents/rules and let me know if you have any questions! Good luck to the three teams!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1605175827

lep