Did GU League get pruned?

Discussions about the various leagues
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Did GU League get pruned?

Post by Dervish »

What happened to the long list of teams?

I just registered and joined a team a week or so ago. Now my user name isn't there and the "inactive" team I joined isn't there.
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Must have "deleted" all the inactive teams...
I remember seeing it with a HUGE list of inactive... so I didn't join...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

My team got pruned awhile back... It wasn't really a team it was just a group of people that could brag they belonged to a team.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

What's both of you's guys names? on GU?
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

BinarySpike wrote:What's both of you's guys names? on GU?
Same as my name here.

If you're going to prune GU once in a while, not really worth my joining and all since many people in the community don't play BZFlag 24/7.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

Hmm.... Can't find you....
I was going to invite you... to my team...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

BinarySpike wrote:Hmm.... Can't find you....
I was going to invite you... to my team...
Me or Dervish?
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Yeah, my registration there went *poof*.

No point bothering with a league portal where data goes *poof*, intentional or not.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

thats ok. We never missed you.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I hate when data goes *poof*, especially if it was the team you worked so hard to make a logo for! (and now it's useless!)

Post by Guest »

Remake the team?
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Don't bother.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Remake the team?
It'll probably get pruned once again.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Instead of complaining to us. #1, we don't want to hear you complain, and #2, we can't do anything about it!

ask who the site and league admins are and take it up with them.

http://gu.bzleague.com/index.php?link=contact

and quit complaining. If you don't play on the server, why make the team? It only frustrates those who are looking for a match. They see 2-3 players from the same team, challenge them, only to find out, "No, we don't play GU, we just have a team for a status quo"

you're eating memory, bandwith, and wasting people's time. Thats why it probally got pruned.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

RPG wrote:Me or Dervish?
I was going to invite you both...
(if you weren't on another team...)

I'm also looking for Cassandra...
I've found Black [BG] and I haven't seen Nelly in a while...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

BinarySpike wrote:
RPG wrote:Me or Dervish?
I was going to invite you both...
(if you weren't on another team...)
I'm not on a team :lol:
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

The Red Baron wrote:Instead of complaining to us... and quit complaining
Someone is grumpy. I'm not complaining. If I was, I'd be pushing to correct the situation. I'm just stating it's not worth my time or interest.
The Red Baron wrote:If you don't play on the server, why make the team?
I didn't make a team. I registered as a player and joined an existing team, and msged the captain so we could start playing. Then the team and my player registration was wiped. No one replied to my post and said "sorry", or "it happend because...", or anything. All I got was...
The Red Baron wrote:thats ok. We never missed you.
The Red Baron wrote:you're eating memory, bandwith, and wasting people's time. Thats why it probally got pruned.
The same can be said back at you. Hardly a waste for either of us since the bandwidth is there regardless. I think you just need to chill a bit -- I don't think anyone is complaining about a free service you or the other GU people offer.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Dervish wrote: Someone is grumpy. I'm not complaining. If I was, I'd be pushing to correct the situation. I'm just stating it's not worth my time or interest.
Look, i'm not grumpy, I'm happy with the way things are run. Menotume, qdot, and GSL run the GU league very effeciently. and why do you have the need to publically state that its not worth your time or interest? What point to you hope to make? are you trying to discourage other players from joining? sure sounds like it.
dervish wrote: I didn't make a team. I registered as a player and joined an existing team, and msged the captain so we could start playing. Then the team and my player registration was wiped. No one replied to my post and said "sorry", or "it happend because...", or anything. All I got was...
The Red Baron wrote:thats ok. We never missed you.
truth hurts. If your going to have this attitude
dervish wrote:No point bothering with a league portal where data goes *poof*, intentional or not.

If you're going to prune GU once in a while, not really worth my joining and all since many people in the community don't play BZFlag 24/7.
thats a crap attitude and demeanor to have toward a system some one set up for free. That some one takes their personal time to code it all. Thats why we aren't going to miss you at the league. From this impression you're giving, it doesn't appear that you have anything positive to give the league.
dervish wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:you're eating memory, bandwith, and wasting people's time. Thats why it probally got pruned.
The same can be said back at you. Hardly a waste for either of us since the bandwidth is there regardless. I think you just need to chill a bit -- I don't think anyone is complaining about a free service you or the other GU people offer.
Look, you're wasting bandwith by having unused and worthless information being relayed across the world. If register your name and thats all. You never do anything with the league, then what is the point? You're wasting memory, and bandwith everytime some one visits the site.

I'll repeat what you said
dervish wrote:No point bothering with a league portal where data goes *poof*, intentional or not.

sure sounds like you are complaining.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Please take this personal attack to PM if you really feel inclined to do so. Then no one will have to read it.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Hell, thats no personal attack. I let you run your course. You had a valid question when you asked what happened to gu league...

But you crossed the border when you said the league wasn't worth it, just because you had a small problem. basically you said To hell with the league, no concern or care for those who worked on it. No thought to work out the situation with the site admins. But When you find a bug in BZ, you take the time and work to post it, details about it. You just don't say, "Screw Bzflag, i'm going to play something worthwhile" You work through it.

here is proof of it. http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3766

however it is obvious that there are no such concerns are for the league. Fine, you don't have to play it. No one is required to. But to slam the league for letting data go *poof* intentional or not?

I don't wan't to see the hard work of my friends get ridiculed like that. And my conscience won't permit me to let something like this by, when it slanders the work of friends.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

on a side note.... What was the name of your team?

Was it by anychance named Titanz [~T~]
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Baron, I'm sorry you took my words as such.

If you read back through my posts, I hope you realize it wasn't an attack on the ppl who make the GU league possible. It was merely stating I didn't want to spend time with it if this sort of thing happens.

I started this thread with a question, then my 'giving up' over the issue... it was not an attack. You shifted that and ran with it, making a big deal out of so little. If I don't want to use the GU league because of this, big deal, that's my opinion. It doesn't have to stipulate 'an attack' on what the GU people are doing (ie: passive resistance).

I'm sure GU is a fine portal for organizing league games. I just don't know what happend to inactive teams and players, that's all, and no one came forth to give a straight answer on it.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Dervish wrote:Baron, I'm sorry you took my words as such.

If you read back through my posts, I hope you realize it wasn't an attack on the ppl who make the GU league possible. It was merely stating I didn't want to spend time with it if this sort of thing happens.

I started this thread with a question, then my 'giving up' over the issue... it was not an attack. You shifted that and ran with it, making a big deal out of so little. If I don't want to use the GU league because of this, big deal, that's my opinion. It doesn't have to stipulate 'an attack' on what the GU people are doing (ie: passive resistance).

I'm sure GU is a fine portal for organizing league games. I just don't know what happend to inactive teams and players, that's all, and no one came forth to give a straight answer on it.
well, you sure gave up quickly..., and there still is a list of inactive teams and players. What is offensive, is you attitude of looking for a handout. That your entitled to a perfectly run league system, and by golly, if they mess up, intentional or not, Your through, just isn't worth your money. Oh wait, you never spent anything in it, You entitled to join for free, play for free, and leave for free.

But You still have yet to answer my question, What was the name of your team? Was it by anychance named Titanz [~T~]? With Rebel chikorita as the team captain?
iced
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iced »

I dont see why you even registered if you were not going to participate in the league....

Post by Guest »

iced wrote:I dont see why you even registered if you were not going to participate in the league....
Dervish wrote:I registered as a player and joined an existing team, and msged the captain so we could start playing. Then the team and my player registration was wiped.

-
And this goes to all of you.
Calm down...
I would be annoyed if I had had my account deleted with no reason given, and I may just think, eh... What's the point?
And Dervish is entitled to that... All he askes was why his account was removed, which is a fair question.
The NHS is free (as in you'r paying for it through taxes no matter how often you visit...), but if you go for a full physical examination or a whole load of tests, and they ask you to retrun, you still expect them to have the results of your examination or tests or whatever when you return...

Dervish and myself am not knocking the league, meno, qd or gsl in any way... I think they are doing a great job and love tghe league...
But all Dervish wanted was to know where his account went...
I am sure that if someone had replied with
"It was accidentlaly removed. Sorry... You can rejoin if you want. It won't happen again"
I am sure he would have rejoined and had a lot of fun...
But instead he was put under attack which was not justified at all.

Sorry TrB, but all he wanted was an answer.... Not a fight.