Did GU League get pruned?

Discussions about the various leagues
torture2m
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by torture2m »

Hi there. In the GU League FAQ (Automatic Site Maintenance section) it states (paraphrased...)

1. Teams having played matches but where no member of that Team has logged in for more than 3 mo. - DELETED.

2. Teams that have never played a match and have been in existance for 2 mo. - PERMENANTELY DELETED.

3. No matches played within 45 days - TEAM INACTIVE.

Hope this helps!
Perception is everything!
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

CannonBallGuy wrote: And this goes to all of you.
Calm down...
I would be annoyed if I had had my account deleted with no reason given, and I may just think, eh... What's the point?
And Dervish is entitled to that... All he askes was why his account was removed, which is a fair question.
The NHS is free (as in you'r paying for it through taxes no matter how often you visit...), but if you go for a full physical examination or a whole load of tests, and they ask you to retrun, you still expect them to have the results of your examination or tests or whatever when you return...

Dervish and myself am not knocking the league, meno, qd or gsl in any way... I think they are doing a great job and love tghe league...
But all Dervish wanted was to know where his account went...
I am sure that if someone had replied with
"It was accidentlaly removed. Sorry... You can rejoin if you want. It won't happen again"
I am sure he would have rejoined and had a lot of fun...
But instead he was put under attack which was not justified at all.

Sorry TrB, but all he wanted was an answer.... Not a fight.
I didn't come for a fight. I didn't have the answer. So i remained silent for half the conversation. But when he slammed the work of my friends. I stood up for them.

I can't say
Cannonballguy wrote:"It was accidentlaly removed. Sorry... You can rejoin if you want. It won't happen again"
because i'm not the one with the responsibility, or power to ensure that. So i don't make idle threats or promises. Sure you can be rather miffed that your account went poof. I didn't speak out against that. I spoke up when he said a league wasn't worth playing in if data got messed up
Dervish wrote:Intentional or not

you see? he's leaving no room for human error!

The ducati league has messed up before, matches posted wrong, teams confused, etc, etc. Did i leave over that? NO! people still kept playing, forgave the mistakes and played on.

personally If he could tell us what the name of the team he was on... things could be different. So we await that.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!

Post by Guest »

He left the league?
OMG!!!
DERVISH! Are you insane?!?!
[/sarcasm]
He's not the first to leave...
And is fully entitled to do so...
You can't attack him for that.
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Thanks CannonBallGuy, nice to have someone less biased come in and try to ease things.

torture2m, thanks for the info, I didn't know that. :)

I signed up a couple of days before my registration was dumped, so much shorter than 3 months. Errors happen and data gets lost sometimes. I still haven't found out what happened, though. Oh well.
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

CannonBallGuy wrote:He left the league?
OMG!!!
DERVISH! Are you insane?!?!
[/sarcasm]
He's not the first to leave...
And is fully entitled to do so...
You can't attack him for that.
CBG, i never attacked him! And if you in your misconstrued insight see that, Then I never attacked him for leaving the league. You have your right to join and leave as you go. And so I remained silent for the first half of the topic. But when ridiculed the work of my friends, thats when I spoke up. Niether of you seem to get that picture.

I left the ducati league. But i never dissed it! I didn't slam the work that other people loved, and that they worked hard for. Thats What I objected to here! I stood up for my friends and the league, Because some expected perfection, and said, that if it wasn't, it wasn't worth their time! Thats what I objected to.

and Dervish, You have yet to answer my question as to what team you joined!

I have a hunch you are looking for this.

http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... nfo&id=660

That team is registered at the DUCATI league, not the guleague.

Post by Guest »

The Red Baron wrote:But when ridiculed the work of my friends, thats when I spoke up.
What did Dervish say to ridicule the GU League?
iced
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iced »

CannonBallGuy wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:But when ridiculed the work of my friends, thats when I spoke up.
What did Dervish say to ridicule the GU League?
Dervish wrote:
If you're going to prune GU once in a while, not really worth my joining and all since many people in the community don't play BZFlag 24/7.

There
Dervish wrote:Yeah, my registration there went *poof*.

No point bothering with a league portal where data goes *poof*, intentional or not.
and there

Post by Guest »

He just said he was too busy to spend time entering data to a web site more than once...
I don't see that as an attack on the site or anyone... :/
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

The Red Baron wrote: I didn't come for a fight. I didn't have the answer. So i remained silent for half the conversation. But when he slammed the work of my friends. I stood up for them.

I can't say
Cannonballguy wrote:"It was accidentlaly removed. Sorry... You can rejoin if you want. It won't happen again"
because i'm not the one with the responsibility, or power to ensure that. So i don't make idle threats or promises. Sure you can be rather miffed that your account went poof. I didn't speak out against that. I spoke up when he said a league wasn't worth playing in if data got messed up
Dervish wrote:Intentional or not

you see? he's leaving no room for human error!

The ducati league has messed up before, matches posted wrong, teams confused, etc, etc. Did i leave over that? NO! people still kept playing, forgave the mistakes and played on.

personally If he could tell us what the name of the team he was on... things could be different. So we await that.
CBG, you need to read what i write. Because i have said time and time again. I am responding to dervish's attitude and remarks against the league. And the league is obviously the byproduct of some one's work. It doesn't just appear!

when he said it wasn't worth it, even if someone messes up, I said Fine. We at the league won't miss you and that kind of attitude.

Post by Guest »

As far as I can see, Dervish did not say anything to offend anyone... But if you think so, then you must do what you feel is best. :(
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

automatic pruning is part of the league code, just like CTF league (same code) automatic pruning takes place once a team has been inactive for 3 months (i think, something like this) i agree with baron (damn dood you starting to sound like me buddy :D
if your team is inactive for more than 3 months there is a problem, and it is a waste, you should have played more matches :)