Pillbox League, The possibilities...

Discussions about the various leagues
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Pillbox League, The possibilities...

Post by The Red Baron »

Before starting this, Please, if you’re going to respond to this, use something more constructive than a simple, “NO”. That isn’t going to help us, we are looking for opinions, ideas, creativity, possibilities, and solutions. Not just blunt negativity.

Here is what could be possible. The pillbox league could be integrated with the Ducati league. We are not talking a merge, an integration, and shared properties. This means, that we will have the same database. The same teams that play on Ducati, will also automatically be in the Pillbox league, so the ducati players that want to be on PBL (pillbox league) won’t have to worry about recreating the teams. However! The difference will lie with the ranking, or ladder. We will have two different ladders. One ladder (or scoreboard) for the ducati league, and another for the PBL. Any team which doesn't want to play on pillbox won't be affected. The will retain their current ranking on the ducati ladder. Scores on the Pill box ladder will be reset, Ducati scores will not carry over. When you play a ducati match, that will be entered by the site admins or referees, on the ducati ladder. When you play a Pillbox match, that will be entered by the site admins or referees, on the pillbox ladder.

Please remember, this is an IDEA. Those of you who plan on playing in the pillbox league, please voice yourselves. And make sure it is a comprehensible reply. If you don’t want a pillbox league, then don’t post that here, there is a separate topic for that.

So far this is only an Idea. I’ve talked to some devs, and they say it is do-able CODEWISE. No, that is not a definite that we will put it into effect! That is just saying, that if the pillbox players want this, we can do it. That is not saying we ARE doing it. We are awaiting the opinion of the players. So you pillbox regulars, please kindly direct those who will be playing in the league here. So we have constructive input.

Thank you,

The Red Baron
That is a cut and paste of this topic here

If possible, please post your opinions at the league forum, using the link i provided. That way the we don't have to keep track of multiple forums.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
kc9foh
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by kc9foh »

Sounds great to me!! I love pillbox and need to play more just hard to get people to play. It is so weird how it was one of the most popular and now. (jaw drops). If we can get enough people. Either way I am in.
nurdc0re
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by nurdc0re »

I used to play pillbox constantly, but the server I played it on changed to ducati, which I only play every once in a while. This sounds like a cool idea.
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Brennen The Great »

it sounds awesome to me, pillbox is one of my favorite servers, i just want to know how they made that cat up in the sky :(
Admin @ Pythonian Servers
Admin @ Brad's
Cop @ Silvercat
Cop @ Hepcat
Cop/SetGroup @ Louman's
Glassjaw
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Glassjaw »

Brennen The Great wrote:i just want to know how they made that cat up in the sky :(
you already tried asking silverfox on the hepcat forums? ;)
Soraya
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Soraya »

haven't we already decided this?? i thought they were making it... actually someone told me a while ago that it'd be done the next day. So... where is it??
I am a leaf on the wind.
zoly
Private
Private

pillbox league

Post by zoly »

How many players would you set as limit for pillbox matches ? I'm just setting up a (classic, no flag to base beaming) pillbox match server, for the new Adrenaline league. As there's several adrenaline flavour map sizes to choose between, depending on the number of players per team, it should also be possible to choose the pillbox map. The Adrenaline league has opened two days ago, is focusing on no-jumps no-superflags maps, therefore pillbox would greatly fit in, and possibly remove a bit of the limbo the pillbox league players are in right now. Teams can be created, players can join teams, now. Procedure would be simple: duelling teams would agree on the map to play, thus if both teams choose pillbox, there you go. Playing time would be 30 minutes. maximal number of players is undecided, probably as many as teams would like to battle with, or as few as they manage to get together at any given time. As far we don't have a U.S. pillbox match server, only European servers. We're still in early test phase, given the short amount of time Adrenaline league has been existing yet, and may not be ready for heavy duty tournament mode without a few test runs. Please check out http://adrenaline.l-aim.de or http://league.l-aim.de. We do not offer random maps with ducati playing style, that's what the ctf league is for. Please come visit us, check out the Adrenaline league, and let us know whether you could imagine having the pillbox league running along with Adrenaline league. Thank you.

http://adrenaline.l-aim.de
http://league.l-aim.de
a monkey
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by a monkey »

If there's gonna be a pillbox league, I'm gonna be in it! :)
May the source be with you.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
zoly
Private
Private

Post by zoly »

A Monkey, we're on the way already. Matches are taking place, and Pillbox is one of the maps to play on. Classical pillbox for now, without the flag catapult. There are threads in the forum, concerning discussion of additional map/playing mode variations. Bring your friends :)