TMT!!!! (GU League) Click here to join.

Discussions about the various leagues
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

TMT!!!! (GU League) Click here to join.

Post by Brennen The Great »

Hi my name is Brennen if u dont know me. i am looking for active and experienced players for my new team TanksMen Together. must be from somewhere were u will be on bzflag the same time i am. which means..... canada..... europe. ect. so far we have:

Brennen The Great
EbErT
Jah Master K
picklez
hiya
kc9foh
Last edited by Brennen The Great on Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Admin @ Pythonian Servers
Admin @ Brad's
Cop @ Silvercat
Cop @ Hepcat
Cop/SetGroup @ Louman's
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

What is GU? I would like to join... :D
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com

Post by Guest »

GU - Gamesunited Servers. Ya know, the bzflag0.gamesunited.de server with the Hix 2 map...? 4 team CTF, 3 shots, jumping, rico, some powerflags....
The league is played on servers with a similar setup, the only differences are that its 2 team and there are no powerflags. :)
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

But i have a better, team , Team MOFO, from planet mofo!....me and me1.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

lemme see,

Brennen The Great + EbErT vs. Phalanx and me1!!!! sounds like an easy win to me :P. i challenge u!!

PS: people who play in more-than-3-shot-servers SUCK at 3 or less than servers.
Admin @ Brad's
Cop @ Silvercat
Cop @ Hepcat
Cop/SetGroup @ Louman's
Pimpinella
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Pimpinella »

played ducati lately?
ppl playing usually in more-than-2-shot-servers and/or jumping servers usually suck there.

btw. regular ducati-style players often suck at 10-shot-spray'n'pray servers

to be continued...
birdie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by birdie »

indeed...

i'm on my best on 2 or 3 shots servers, but on servers like secret place (10 shots)...meh i'll never be good there

its a skill...for not being able to dodge bullets (like on non jumping servers) but still having a ruling score...

and its also a skill for being able to dodge bullets, going to a 10 shot server and not getting higher than a little positive score :(

Post by Guest »

Yeah... there are different ways to Not get killed. On ducati and gu, etc, you can dodge. On Mofo, Secretplace, etc you have to get out of the way other ways. You have to find the good superflags.... etc. :)

So, its very hard to say who will win. And I would try to get some more players in your team before you try to match! :)
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

Pimpinella wrote:played ducati lately?
ppl playing usually in more-than-2-shot-servers and/or jumping servers usually suck there.

to be continued...
pimpinella... are you sure about that? I find it out of my personal experience. That I can go to 10 shot servers, and hold my own against the server's best, if not beat them but they can't do that on the servers I play regularly. (ie Ducati, GU).

due to this, I form the opinion that Ducati will give you the skills to compete on all levels of bzflag.
Cannonballguy wrote: On ducati and gu, etc, you can dodge. On Mofo, Secretplace, etc you have to get out of the way other ways. You have to find the good superflags.... etc.
you can dodge on mofo also. Your type of thinking, determines your level of play and tactics. there is no need to run. the fox that runs doesn't always get away. he meets his demise! Stand your ground and fight. learn to dodge, learn to die. you'll learn to survive. If your constantly trying to escape by jumping or running, you'll develop 'bad habits'
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Red Baron wrote:
Pimpinella wrote:played ducati lately?

to be continued...
pimpinella... are you sure about that? I find it out of my personal experience. That I can go to 10 shot servers, and hold my own against the server's best, if not beat them but they can't do that on the servers I play regularly. (ie Ducati, GU).

due to this, I form the opinion that Ducati will give you the skills to compete on all levels of bzflag.
Cannonballguy wrote: On ducati and gu, etc, you can dodge. On Mofo, Secretplace, etc you have to get out of the way other ways. You have to find the good superflags.... etc.
you can dodge on mofo also. Your type of thinking, determines your level of play and tactics. there is no need to run. the fox that runs doesn't always get away. he meets his demise! Stand your ground and fight. learn to dodge, learn to die. you'll learn to survive. If your constantly trying to escape by jumping or running, you'll develop 'bad habits'
I totally agree TRB in secretplace i do quiet well against the people that only play places like secretpleace and mofo. usually the players shoot one string of bullets which a ducati-style player can easily dodge.

BTW: pimpinella, i can play well on ducati also ;)
Admin @ Brad's
Cop @ Silvercat
Cop @ Hepcat
Cop/SetGroup @ Louman's
Pimpinella
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Pimpinella »

no doubt, brennen.;)
I wrote they _often_ suck.
TRB doesn't count, he's long enough around to have rumbled on every kind of style.

you can learn everything, but it takes a while to get used to the requirements on a server that differs from what you play usually.

If you're new on a server it reqires a lot of skill keeping positive score the first 30 minutes.

Post by Guest »

The Red Baron wrote:you can dodge on mofo also. Your type of thinking, determines your level of play and tactics. there is no need to run. the fox that runs doesn't always get away. he meets his demise! Stand your ground and fight. learn to dodge, learn to die. you'll learn to survive. If your constantly trying to escape by jumping or running, you'll develop 'bad habits'
It's certainly more difficult if the person firing the 10 shots at you has some sense and doesn't spread them out so much...
And it does depend a lot on your luck with finding the good flags. ;)
Red Baron2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Baron2 »

[quote="CannonBallGuy"]Yeah... there are different ways to Not get killed. On ducati and gu, etc, you can dodge. On Mofo, Secretplace, etc you have to get out of the way other ways. You have to find the good superflags.... etc. :)quote]

not necessarily, i've gotten 130-15 on secretplace without any powerflags..unless tiny and highspeed qualify as powerflags
"Those who say they have never been afraid are either lying, or their life has never amounted to much. Fear is nothing to be ashamed of. Often it makes man a better fighter, it inhances his senses, it gives him caution, and other qualities he will need. So when i am about, be wise....and fear."

-Wolf Tarlon-

Post by Guest »

Red Baron2 wrote:
CannonBallGuy wrote:Yeah... there are different ways to Not get killed. On ducati and gu, etc, you can dodge. On Mofo, Secretplace, etc you have to get out of the way other ways. You have to find the good superflags.... etc. :)
not necessarily, i've gotten 130-15 on secretplace without any powerflags..unless tiny and highspeed qualify as powerflags
I was kinda referring to the average player. ;)
Anytime I play there, the player at the top of the list usually has WG, GM, SW, or L etc...
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

theres another problem. The best players were once "average" players.

I get the impression that alot of people think we started out, then "BAM" became good. Not so. We were average. and learned that GM, laser, SW are "cheap flags" the work excellent for gaining points. but you do not develop any communicable talent with them. The talent you learn with them does not carry over to other flags or other playing styles.

so we learned how to use tiny, High speed, Narrow, quick turn.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!

Post by Guest »

*sigh*...
Yes, you'r right, but not everyone can dodge 10 shots.
I am sure You barons can, but I sure as heck can't.
And yes, I agree that maybe I will learn and eventually end up as good as you (haha)... but right now, with my current ability, I just can't do it, so instead, I play with a different style a lot of the time on the mofo/secretplace type servers compared to how I play on the ducati/gu servers.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

I can do reasonable on pillbox/ducati, and the best at mofo/secretplace are those who can dodge and have an effective spray pattern of shots. those things can get you a good score on either of the styles as well as ducati.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Brennen The Great
Private First Class
Private First Class

Woah, how did this get started? i just want people to join my team.

*runs away crying*
Admin @ Brad's
Cop @ Silvercat
Cop @ Hepcat
Cop/SetGroup @ Louman's