Adrenaline League

Discussions about the various leagues
Topdog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Adrenaline League

Post by Topdog »

Aight, what about an Adrenaline League? Mainly for the "Pillbox on Acid" server, but that's probably the best one. I'm starting it and Verdo-X is hosting it, so if anybody is interested or whatever PM me or just write it in response to this.
~Topdog

Admin @ Adrenaline Servers
Admin @ Trpoican's Place
Admin @ Planet Mofo
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

sounds cool! i'm on your team, top. :lol-old:

but, it would encounter many problems, and take lotsa time to get set up...
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

wahey. me too. i love adrenaline. when will it be starting?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

pick me pick me! i love that server!
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

That sounds awesome, I want to be on your team Topdog.
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

topdog, me, tropican, who else?
ImageImage
Topdog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Topdog »

i already got anastasia beaverhausen also... so thats 4 right there, we havent decided if we will have 4 or 5 players per team, but i think 5.
~Topdog

Admin @ Trpoican's Place
Admin @ Planet Mofo
zoly
Private
Private

Post by zoly »

"pillbox on acid" is how several players dubbed the server jokingly. It tries to be called "Adrenaline factory" - some players may be disturbed by the appearant reuse of the pillbox name, it also adds ambiguity when using that name in league context. In the public server line, "pillbox on acid" has been quoted, to reflect that it is exactly that - a quote. I'd hate to cause confusion between authentic pillbox and Adrenaline factory, or being accused of name usurping. At the slightest hint of players expressing uncontentness by this informal popular working name, i'll probably remove it from the public server line, thus it may be better to not promote this unofficial name needlessly, and keep it as it was used initially: a characterization of playing mode. (even though the mode is not pillbox anymore now, since ricochet has been added).
Nice initiative, Topdog.
zoly
Private
Private

Post by zoly »

5 players sounds about right. 3 would be too few, 4 i'd consider the minimum for Adrenaline Factory. I like playing best with 6:6 there, but it may be difficult to find other teams with a sufficient number of players online with team sizes of more than 5:5 players. Up to 8:8 is still very playable, and above that it sort of gets messy, or at least pretty intense.

Post by Guest »

In the GU league, I have a team of about 10 people, most of the time we only have enough on for a 2v2 match, if that. So you would need huge teams in order to often have 5 players from the same team online...
Verdo-X
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Verdo-X »

About the minimum size of teams: if we use a less big adrenaline-map, we need less big teams. So I don't think this will be a big problem, we could even create 10 maps of different sizes and choose the most suitable one at the moment the teams start playing.
zoly
Private
Private

Post by zoly »

That is right, Verdo-X. Though i wonder whether players who got used to one map size like switching to another size. You can try that out yourself, as i have put the smallest Adrenaline-flavour map which I consider practical online, for testing purposes. limited to 2x4 players, which is probably far too many already. That map is on adrenaline.l-aim.de:5155m and consists of 3 circles, compared to the 8 circles of full-size Adrenaline Factory. A 5-rings version may be worth another try, and could make sense for 3:3 or 4:4
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

zoly wrote:Though i wonder whether players who got used to one map size like switching to another size.
The smaller map is difficult to get used to IMHO. It just doesn't feel the same as the big one.
zoly
Private
Private

Post by zoly »

a 5-ring version, probably suited for team sizes around 4:4 is online, for testing purposes. That AdrenalineMediumFactory, on l-aim.de:5157
Topdog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Topdog »

thank you Zoly.. i was just at the 5 ring test server, and its fine but only if there arent many people there, like no more than 4 on 4 there. but on the original one there can be, like u or someone said, 8 on 8... maybe. so i think we need to have both up and running, that way if like 3 on 3 meet at the big server they can just move on to the smaller 5 ring. or we could just make the 5 ring server a "match only" sever, and have the original for the non-leaguers to just have fun on. thats my input..
~Topdog

Admin @ Trpoican's Place
Admin @ Planet Mofo
Jvlokt Skovlic
Private
Private

Post by Jvlokt Skovlic »

I'd definitely like to join!
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

as soon as i get a new comp (hopefully in a week or so) i'd like to join a team too. let the adrenaline flow!

Post by Guest »

Setting up a league isn't as easy as just saying you would like to do it.
Ideally speaking you would need to use menotume's webleague on sourceforge. And for that you will need webhosting and a domain, plus someone with the PHP knowledge to set it up... ;)
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

CannonBallGuy wrote:Setting up a league isn't as easy as just saying you would like to do it.
Ideally speaking you would need to use menotume's webleague on sourceforge. And for that you will need webhosting and a domain, plus someone with the PHP knowledge to set it up... ;)
hes right, for once, its not. RPG anyone?
ImageImage
Verdo-X
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Verdo-X »

The site is up: http://adrenaline.willempen.org

Tell me what you think...
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I would like to join, but I won't. My life dosen't center around BZFlag, so I can't go to the time-set matches. :(
Verdo-X
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Verdo-X »

Matches are usually not "every day at 11 o'clock" or something alike but are just when two teams would like to play. So if you are in a team, you don't need strict times that you have to be available. That's also why a team can have 15 players: they don't all play in every match. But If you're really very rarely available, it's understandeable you don't like to be in a team if you very rarely can play.

Off course, when two teams like to have strict times to play against each other that's no problem :)
zoly
Private
Private

Post by zoly »

Verdo-X, beautiful. considering that only very short time passed since Topdogs original impulse, the fact that the league site is already up and running does really impress me. It looks very nice. Great job, Verdo-X!
Verdo-X
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Verdo-X »

Credits should go to the makers of WebLeague (especially Menotume). I only did the installation, some tuning, and the layout (which I like more than most people do seems :(
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

And 1 of those three map ideas I had was a play of off Two Castles (but really different). One of it's names was Intense Adrenaline. That could be a part of the league, too, idf that's the name chosen. If it's made.