anyone think this is geting out of hand?

Discussions about the various leagues
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

anyone think this is geting out of hand?

Post by ski »

Am I the only one who thinks the quarreling between players is getting out of hand?!

Ive tried correcting this privately however this seems to becoming a league wide problem so I MUST address this here and now.

I just got done playing a match and and arguement occurred in the middle of it. It got to the point that my own teammate logged off and abandoned me! I know that it wasnt directed at me but this has GOT to stop.

I DONT have time for this, nor do I have the patience to deal with it. From this point on. I will not match anyone who I feel causes problems. 1 strike your out rule because im too busy to plan my time for a match just to have it disrupted.

I love the game of BZFLAG (note, i used the term GAME), and there are a lot of players I enjoy playing but something needs to be done about this. Personally, im just about had it and want to call it quits at this point.
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sadly, ski, I'm afraid that the people that cause these problems don't realize that BZ is just a game. I can sort of relate to these people because at one time I was the same. I used to take this game too seriously. I'm trying my best not to do this.. but sometimes I get a little too competative. Anyway..

Please don't think about leaving. It's cool people like you that make this game worth playing. :)

As for stopping this... wow. That will take a change on the part of the parties at fault. I'm not sure that some of these people can change. They can change their callsigns, but changing their attitude is a somewhat different thing. I think your idea to just not play with these people is the best. If necessary.. silence them as well.
KRR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by KRR »

ski - I get there too, lots more recently it seems. Sometimes bzgirl is there to "talk me down" :) , but sometimes I just say "goodbye" and leave, then come back later when folks like yourself are around and the quibbly kids are off playing, whining, and arguing on another server.

Don't quit - we'd miss you.
"My other tank is a sailboat..."
[dmp]
Captain
Captain

Post by [dmp] »

I share the view of ski and is still considering if I want to go on using time on bzflag.

I dont care much about points/captures i just want to have a good time. At first bzflag (on ducati) surprised me, most regulars was gentlemen and made the game fun (even if you lost). New players have entered the league, which is good. Except for the problems that have followed them.

Beeing polite have never hurt anyone. Beening newbie is something we have have been, they arent bad people just because they arent as skilled as most others. Trying to get even teams is more fun for both teams. Profanity isnt needed. Its really simple.

Lately (1-2 months) I have been feared who a game of bzflag made me feel. Most of the times i leave annoyed or even upset, which made me wonder if i want to bother playing the game. Or keep the ladder running. Or developing on the ctf site.

I had a 3 weeks break to regain some passion of the game. But it's still the same problems when i got back, so the passion gained was lost instantly. So currently Im playing in hope of proving that im wrong, that bzflag can be fun.

I hope this makes any sense. And no, this isnt a direct attack on anybody. Life is too short for flamewars.
I don't need huge pictures here.
Legolas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas »

Sorry if I am a part of this ski. But some people are really annoying me . But I should if they do I dhould keep my cool and just silence them. Oh and,PLEASE DON'T LEAVE! The avengers team would miss you. :(
ski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ski »

well, I doubt Ill quit but thats what I feel like doing. However, I will be more strict. Prob wont be around as much...I dunno.
Rest In Peace Vivek
1986-2005 :(

------------------------------
Member of DUB

Visit: Image
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

If you don't come around as much, I'll blow you up extra when you do come around! :P LoL

On a serious note (I've been thinking about this for a while), why don't we all just ignore these players? I'm not saying we should be mean to them, but I think that it would convey a strong message if we all just stopped talking to them. And if they continue to pester/be mean... just kick them already! I suppose some people could say that I'm being too harsh, but I see it this way.... if one person is ruining the game for a few people by his/her bad attitude.. that person should be booted for the good of the majority. Better to have one less player on the server than to have arguements, name calling, etc. going on and effecting the other players.
megachirops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by megachirops »

I think people just enjoy arguing. Don't ask me why but some people, in both cyberlife and real life enjoy making others mad and becomming mad themselves. I guess theres a rush or something in a heated competition rather than a friendly competition. If you beat someone you're mad at (in either an argument or in the game) it gives you a feeling of superiority... I guess...... Maybe. I just ignore the bickering and if it begins to effect the gameplay i talk to the people involved individually and ask them to stop.. this usually works. But you're right Ski, the arguments and hatred does lessen the appeal or an otherwise great game. I think that we (everyone; i think we all have showed our frustration at one time or another) all need to work on being nice to others and we may make some progress..
"When in doubt, quit"
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

the silence command does wonders. ask them to stop, if they do not. ignore, or hunt them mercilessly.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!