accusations of cheating and cheat client possession

Discussion for GU League Players
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

accusations of cheating and cheat client possession

Post by kierra » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:54 pm

cheat client possession

Seems to me that it has suddenly become a badge of honor, a demonstration of strength of character to say I have a cheat client on my computer but I never use it....matters not whether you are a player or an admin. I don't think it's wise, especially in the environment of suspicion that bz currently finds itself. It does not engender a spirit of trust, but worse yet, may be a temptation to someone to "try' it (of course, not in matches) just to "see" what it's like. Plus, human nature being what it is, the admission always will put the person under a veil of suspicion.
If admins have them ( and I assume they do because they're smart) with the intent to investigate, search out methods of detection, fine...but no need to broadcast/flaunt it to the community.

accusations of cheating

Lots of accusations of cheating flying around in gu these days. Those who do it outright in public chat are dealt with by the admins...and rightly so, good job.
But I wonder about those accusations that come under the radar of public declarations. Is it acceptable to go around telling everyone someone cheats in pms as long as one doesn't say it publicly?
Seems to me these suspicions should be taken to the gu admins alone! How cowardly to maligned a player's character in the community through what amounts to as gossip and rumor.

How about those public comments from players when they are shot: like "haxor", or worse yet, "skinny", radar patch, or the ever annoying ??? <---as if they don't know why they died. There are more implied cheater comments; this is just a sampling.
Are implied public 'cheater" comments ok??? Personally, I think not.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: accusations of cheating

Post by JeffM » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Also these fourms, GU specific or not, are NOT the place to discuss anything about cheating. Don't accuse anyone here, don't complain about getting accused here, and most of all don't talk about how you got BANNED here.

If you have a problem with someone, then take it up in private, that's what the PM button is for.