Summer 2009 Riker Cup coming soon!

Discussion for GU League Players
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Summer 2009 Riker Cup coming soon!

Post by quantum dot »

All the news about the incoming Riker Cup in http://rikercup.org/
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Summer 2009 Riker Cup coming soon!

Post by dexter »

I'd just like to congratulate the American Team to their first Riker Cup victory! :) All three matches were very well played and really fun. I'm looking forward to the next one next January already.
Also a big thanks to Quol and brad, who really saved the cup by figuring out a way to adjust their servers perfectly when we all thought we'd be waiting around all day until everyone was identified.
Thanks to Doink, slime, ducatiwannabe and Foo! It was really pleasant arranging and organizing the cup with you guys.

Although I do think we should find a real solution to the evident global problem. I think we wasted about 30-45 minutes just waiting until all 20 players were set and ready to go because of it.

I hope that enough people got to play on the Euro side. I tried to get as many subs in as possible.. I know we couldn't fit all of you in there, but I guess somebody will always be unhappy. I noticed that deciding who plays is a lot harder than one thinks.

I'd say this was the best Riker's so far. Long live GU!

[Edit]: Be sure to check http://rikercup.org sometime soon. I'll be uploading links to the replays (of all rikers) and all sorts of info to players (highscores, highcaps, hightks..etc. :))
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by quantum dot »

Congrats to the American team for their first cup !

I missed the games (will watch probably the replays) because it collided with my family time. Good job everyone involved in the day to day preparations and organization.
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

Hey all. I also wanted to thank everybody for the great event we had.
It is events like these that show that we are all on the same side: having a great time playing a wonderful game. If you compare bzflag with many of the other online games out there, I cant keep wondering how respectful everyone is towards each other. And this summers RikerCup has proofed this once again.

Like last RikerCup, it was again a very exciting and full of suspense. It was a close finish once again. And again it took 3 matches to declare a winner. Partly it had to do with the north amercian team for the first time to have something like a strategy...did you gave us a surprise, sheesh. Slime and ducatiwannabe did a great job in assembling the strongest team ever to have played for the north american side. And we did a great job in giving you a very hard time regardless.

Some observers were a bit on the spamming side after the matches, but I guess the excitement has gotten to us all ^^. I really want to thank the observers for providing the perfect frame for an event like this. You being there is what classifies this as a GU event, GU is what you made it to be, and that's where the RikerCup lives.

And to the players...man man man, good sportsmanship, great playing, beautiful caps, and tedious defenses. And not a single bad word or remark, class!

And this cup went smooth as ever, that is the Doink trademark. Thanks Doink!
And last but not least. I really want to thank dexter, it was really a great joy to organize the cup with you. The energy, good will and game insights, thanks mate. You made me happy to co-organize the euro-team.

Foo
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who