GU Cup Idea

Discussion for GU League Players
klavier
Private First Class
Private First Class

GU Cup Idea

Post by klavier »

After seeing the idea behind the Ducati Cup, I have added some ideas of my own to create a similar GU cup idea; if anyone sees any flaws, please point them out so we can fix them :)

As with the Ducati Cup, teams are made by players' choice that are 3 to 4 players. There will be a separate site made to accommodate the records of these teams temporarily, or there will be some kind of online record kept of these teams' points. The points will be more fair toward the more active teams to give them a chance; after all, participation and number of matches should be a big thing in an event like this. Wins will be worth 3 points, Ties will be worth 2 points, and Losses will be worth 1 point. The cup, overall, should last at the very most 3 weeks but it would ideally last only 2 weeks. This is to keep interest in it healthy so it doesn't die like the Ducati Cup did.

The preliminary round can be done by simply matching throughout the preliminary teams without dividing them into any groups. This way, there won't be any problems getting any matches done; the matches can be quick and easy. At the end of one (or two) week(s), the preliminary teams' points are totaled up.

There are two ideas as to how the Semifinals and Finals will work:

1. The teams simply advance according to point order, disregarding country. The semifinals teams are randomly assigned to match each other once within a week.

2. The semifinals teams are chosen according to their countries and areas; that way, for their match, they won't have difficulty finding time to match each other so they don't get out of the way of each other's sleep schedule. However, I'm not totally sure of the logistics of this idea; for the sake of not complicating things, the first idea may be better than this one. Please give feedback on how this idea may work!

Thanks, and be sure to point out any flaws in how the Cup may work.