Is GU Dying?

Discussion for GU League Players
macsforme
General
General

Re: Is GU Dying?

Post by macsforme »

Jacko h wrote:I think consti said he coud of completed it by now.
What? I don't remember saying that...
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Jacko h wrote:Great maybe one of you nerdy admins should make a new one. I think consti said he coud of completed it by now.
Make a new what?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

blast wrote:
Jacko h wrote:Great maybe one of you nerdy admins should make a new one. I think consti said he coud of completed it by now.
Make a new what?
I think he means version. :P
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

How would "one of us nerdy admins" do that?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

And anyway, I have no recollection of saying something like that...
klavier
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by klavier »

Given the site having gone down and changed, I believe that GU (and therefore about a quarter or more of BZFlag's player base) has subsequently died. The site going down basically destroyed the league - I feel that most players have given up. At any time I log in, I rarely see anybody on a GU server. This was the straw that broke the camel's back, as the league had already been declining before the hack, or the bug, or whatever happened to the GU website. So, yes; the GU League is dying, and rapidly. Interest at this point is nearly impossible to accumulate.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

I never was into doom and gloom.
as Yogi would say, "It ain't over till it's over". In the meantime, those of us who still like the game will keep playing.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Keep in mind that kids are back in school and cannot dedicate their time to BZFlag. Some of us have lives :)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jacko H »

It isnt dying eie and ff is saving the league
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
Kenshin-old
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kenshin-old »

i think the only post here that really had too much relevance was klav's. the league goes up and down constantly. the going down of the site for a month or so was a much bigger problem. i myself was gone that entire period because of school and such but i cant imagine that the game is just going to stop being played. i agree that the leagues may struggle, ducati already has been for ages and gu is going to for awhile now i assume with the new site that doesn't seem to be fully operational yet, but the game itself isn't about to dissapear.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The site wasn't down for a month. I'm not even sure if GU was down for a whole week.

Kenshin-old
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kenshin-old »

it was down for a pretty long period. and gu was probably never down but it won't be as active until all the site issues are cleared up and even then maybe not as active
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You should also think about the fact that school has started up again.