improvement suggestions

Discussion for GU League Players
Post Reply
peace love and happiness
Private
Private
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 7:42 pm

improvement suggestions

Post by peace love and happiness » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi,
to me the login to http://www.guleague.org is way too difficult. There should be a page displayed with info about the league and bzflag and motivation to join when opening guleague.org.
Using the authentication with a popup to enter username and password is fine with me, just wonder if it works on all os.
Also the players list should be sortable on those things like join date. And the server where this site is hosted seems pretty slow, same with my.bzflag.org .

Cheers and peace

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4791
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: improvement suggestions

Post by blast » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:36 pm

I don't see how the login process could be much easier. Also, not exactly sure what you mean by a "popup". What exactly do you feel is wrong with the login process?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:26 pm

Re: improvement suggestions

Post by ts » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:17 pm

peace love and happiness wrote:There should be a page displayed with info about the league and bzflag and motivation to join when opening guleague.org.
On the "Home" page is some text about motivation but I agree. Much text often leads to people not reading it at all.
peace love and happiness wrote:Using the authentication with a popup to enter username and password is fine with me, just wonder if it works on all os.
You may not enter the bzbb account info on the gu league website. It's a good design decision by the BZFlag project that one must do it on the my.bzflag.org server. Frames would be an inappropriate solution because then assumptions about the my.bzflag.org login page would have to be made. That page could theoretically change everyday thus the assumptions could be wrong then.
peace love and happiness wrote:Also the players list should be sortable on those things like join date.
You may search for "joined" on the players page.
peace love and happiness wrote:And the server where this site is hosted seems pretty slow, same with my.bzflag.org .
The login is done on the my.bzflag.org server.
GU league: http://www.guleague.org/
An introduction to TCP: http://www.lafkon.net/tc/

User avatar
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 am
Location: Unknown
Contact:

Re: improvement suggestions

Post by mrapple » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:21 pm

ts wrote:
peace love and happiness wrote:And the server where this site is hosted seems pretty slow, same with my.bzflag.org .
The login is done on the my.bzflag.org server.
I think they meant the entire site.
Image

peace love and happiness
Private
Private
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 7:42 pm

Re: improvement suggestions

Post by peace love and happiness » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:19 pm

sry for the complaints about the start page for http://www.guleague.org/ ,i take that back, it's pretty good actually.
My troubles logging in were because of this account transfer from the old page. But slow this server is indeed.
never mind, i felt like ranting, thread closed :)

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4791
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: improvement suggestions

Post by blast » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:14 pm

What part of it is "slow"? The guleague.org site seems pretty snappy.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

Post Reply