Important announcement: UPGRADE to 2.4

Discussion for GU League Players
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Important announcement: UPGRADE to 2.4

Post by quantum dot »

Just a brief note to remind you to upgrade to the new 2.4 Bzflag client version as soon as possible. As you probably know the new version 2.4 is not compatible with the previous 2.0.x. So you cannot join a 2.4 server with a 2.0.x client and viceversa. Please check http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=17477 to get informed about how to upgrade for your OS.

All GU official servers will be progressively migrating from 2.0.x to 2.4 version during this month. For the time being some servers might be available in both versions to help with the upgrade. By 1st August GU League will be 2.4 and no 2.0.x servers will be available.
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
King RuMbl3r
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Important announcement: UPGRADE to 2.4

Post by King RuMbl3r »

On the new version I was dissaponted that there wasn't any BZF GU servers since there are only brads servers which seem more jitty. Will the BZF's servers be on the 2.4 soon? since I would have to go back to the old version to play gu where there are still so many people playing on the bzf GU servers..
"Everyone is entitled to their own deluded opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts... Otherwise the truth would never exist".
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Important announcement: UPGRADE to 2.4

Post by quantum dot »

_King RuMbl3r_ wrote:On the new version I was dissaponted that there wasn't any BZF GU servers since there are only brads servers which seem more jitty. Will the BZF's servers be on the 2.4 soon? since I would have to go back to the old version to play gu where there are still so many people playing on the bzf GU servers..
Mana, the bzf server owner, has already updated his servers and put all in 2.4, including the match servers. Please, use these for matching.
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain