Please Read

Discussion for GU League Players
blinky
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by blinky » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:57 am

Grace for instance I say exceptional on a server with errr idk, firing squad, and he doesn't ban me, gives me a light warning to calm down. Then I say wtf on a server with brad and he bans me. How is this a message? So admins make their own rules basically? I agree to a point and I must say some of my previous bans have been necessary to keep the peace, so admins have earned the trust. But really G admins aren't acting how they used to, I don't even have to get banned (no ban in over 6 months);p to see that they are overreacting to even the slight swearword. Calm down the player? Or force the player to resent league admins? This isn't a public server we all know eachother quite well I think. We can also tell if someone is going to swear constantly in rage or if they are just a little frustrated.
Maybe we need a plugin that turns swearwords into words like "love" or something, would be funny!

Blast, I agree saying wtf occasionally isn't a problem, I think when you aim a swearword at someone it's different.

As Constitution said:
If you want to play in this league, follow the rules.
Constitution it's ok you saying that but really you're just an inactive player. You play once or twice a month in a match what gives you any right to dictate the rules.
This is not a dig at you in general, and I respect you like everyone else I'm just saying I don't believe you play this game enough to give such simple answers to complex situations.
The problem is, GU is barely active, I can't ever find a match. Trust me with Pam as my mate I should be matching constantly as she spends alot of time looking for matches, but I'm not.
BC you don't even play GU. It's not black and white.

User avatar
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: Press '/' to search
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by ahs3 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:08 am

the pink brit wrote:Grace for instance I say exceptional on a server with errr idk, firing squad, and he doesn't ban me, gives me a light warning to calm down. Then I say wtf on a server with brad and he bans me. How is this a message? So admins make their own rules basically? I agree to a point and I must say some of my previous bans have been necessary to keep the peace, so admins have earned the trust. But really G admins aren't acting how they used to, I don't even have to get banned (no ban in over 6 months);p to see that they are overreacting to even the slight swearword. Calm down the player? Or force the player to resent league admins? This isn't a public server we all know eachother quite well I think. We can also tell if someone is going to swear constantly in rage or if they are just a little frustrated.
Maybe we need a plugin that turns swearwords into words like "love" or something, would be funny!

Blast, I agree saying wtf occasionally isn't a problem, I think when you aim a swearword at someone it's different.

As Constitution said:
If you want to play in this league, follow the rules.
Constitution it's ok you saying that but really you're just an inactive player. You play once or twice a month in a match what gives you any right to dictate the rules.
This is not a dig at you in general, and I respect you like everyone else I'm just saying I don't believe you play this game enough to give such simple answers to complex situations.
The problem is, GU is barely active, I can't ever find a match. Trust me with Pam as my mate I should be matching constantly as she spends alot of time looking for matches, but I'm not.
BC you don't even play GU. It's not black and white.

What does that matter? I'm not active in GU either, but I would ban anyone anywhere for swearing, its simply against the rules, why is this so hard to understand?

User avatar
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:02 am
Location: outer Slovenia
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by kierra » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:26 am

I daresay we forget that we get to play on servers that someone else has set up, paid for and then allows us to enjoy them.
BC may not play gu often but he hosts several servers for duc, gu, pillbox that no doubt your mates, pinkbrit, have utilized to match on.
So, he has every right to enter into this discussion, as does Grans Remedy, ahs3, Quol, and mana.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"

blinky
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by blinky » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:34 am

Ahs3 someone just said "i effing blow" on a gu server while you were watching.
That is basically enough to get people banned on a gu server these days.
Do you not understand now? We know the rules but the bans are silly. They don't help
they just create more anger.

Kierra it's not the point. Also I don't think any of those admins would have banned the way that GU has recently.
I didn't say they can't enter the discussion I just think it's silly that consti and bc make such a simple statement when this isn't a simple situation.

blinky
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by blinky » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:45 am

Anyway I thought it was better to talk about this stuff, agree or disagree.
I think some people are getting the idea that i'm fighting or something when i'm just saying how I see it from my point of view.
I play alot and talk to most players in the league.
I'm not going to have any more to do with this discussion because I think others need to share their thoughts not just me.
If you would like to discuss with me in pm that's fine.
Last edited by blinky on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spambot
Private
Private
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:57 am

Re: Please Read

Post by Spambot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:55 am

Bullet Catcher wrote:The only people put off by the recent increase in language rule enforcement are the ones who want to be free to use foul and/or abusive language.
False. I won't call anyone out here, as some of them wish to stay anonymous (possibly so the bias won't shift to them?), but I know at least two or three people who almost never use foul language, still believe the admins are a little jumpy about it, and still are frustrated at that fact.
Bullet Catcher wrote:What you see is what you get. Take it or leave it.
You kind of just ignored everything I said. I'm saying, what is there to take or leave? It's like trying to remake the Mona Lisa after looking at just the background of the piece.
blast wrote:I fail to see how "crap" would be equivalent to an s-bomb.
Granted. It was a bit of an extreme example. Point being, if you'll make rules based on substitutes, where do you stop?
blast wrote:If someone repeatedly breaks the rules, the punishment should be harsher with each iteration.
Maybe, but the bannable offense magnitude shouldn't shrink. Just because you got 500 speeding tickets doesn't mean you'll one day get the death penalty for shoplifting.

User avatar
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:02 am
Location: outer Slovenia
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by kierra » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 am

pinkbrit: Ahs3 someone just said "i effing blow" on a gu server while you were watching.
2 things:
1. Many of you will sit on a server but be afk, or chatting with someone, or have chat minimized while matching. Same goes for admins. By the same token, many admins warn in private pm to the player....which is exactly what happened in this instance.
But, Pinkbrit, you saw the remark by the player...did you take a screenshot to make a formal complaint or is this just criticism in public without talking to ahs3 first. He was still on the server with you in obs. :)

2. What you perceive as GU coming down hard recently is true for some admins. For far too long, many have gotten away with language, spiteful chat, demeaning comments and even bringing in race/nationalities. Many complained, not just one or two. I can't tell you how many times I show up to play and I'm bombarded by pms from players complaining about language, mean spirited chat and the like.... I am even called to other servers to deal with language/chat.

So in an effort to get back to a decent, respectful community, you have seen some admins take a harder look at language and deal with it accordingly. Those complaining the most are those frequently banned for language. Like grans said:
I don't care if you like to swear, or think its funny to harass or bully other players. Swear all you like, think-up as much hate as you want just don't type it!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"

User avatar
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:56 am
Location: Escondido, California

Re: Please Read

Post by Bullet Catcher » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:25 am

the pink brit wrote:BC you don't even play GU.
I just finished playing in this match:
2012-03-05 06:14:09 Ice defeated Trashed and Smashed, 5 - 1.
You were an AFK observer throughout.

User avatar
macsforme
General
General
Posts: 2024
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 am

Re: Please Read

Post by macsforme » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 am

Constitution it's ok you saying that but really you're just an inactive player. You play once or twice a month in a match what gives you any right to dictate the rules.
In the last week, I have played in these matches (going from memory):

2012-03-03 06:16:03 Loki - Over the Limit 8 - 2
2012-03-01 01:34:11 T42 - Over the Limit 5 - 4
2012-03-01 01:01:42 T42 - Over the Limit 8 - 3
2012-02-29 03:49:42 Over the Limit - Firebirds 8 - 3
2012-02-29 03:12:40 Over the Limit - Firebirds 5 - 4
2012-02-28 01:37:43 T42 - Over the Limit 5 - 3

So really, I'm not sure what you're talking about, unless it's my obvious inability to win matches. ;-)

User avatar
RJ
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by RJ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:57 am

kierra wrote:So in an effort to get back to a decent, respectful community, you have seen some admins take a harder look at language and deal with it accordingly.
The key word there being 'some', which have made some admins look like mavericks, and the rest rather lax and biased with their bans.
ahs3 wrote:What does that matter? I'm not active in GU either, but I would ban anyone anywhere for swearing, its simply against the rules, why is this so hard to understand?
But what defines swearing? If acronyms are to be banned, surely words like 'screwed' 'effing' and the vast range of colourful words various members of GU use to replace cuss words should be bannable offences as well, as everyone knows what they mean by these (which is the argument against the use of acronyms). There is apparently a line that has been drawn by the GU League Admins regarding foul language, the problem is, a lot of the players have no idea what that line is because it was drawn in invisible ink.
blast wrote:I fail to see how "crap" would be equivalent to an s-bomb.
Do they not both have the exact same meaning? What makes one more offensive than the other? Semantically they are one the same.
Last edited by RJ on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Because I just went gay all of a sudden!"
- Cary Grant (Bringing Up Baby, 1938)

User avatar
Mopar Madness
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:31 am

Re: Please Read

Post by Mopar Madness » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 am

Just cause words have the same meaning doesn't mean they are both bad, you should know this by now... crap is closer to swearing than crud, crud is closer than poo, etc. Now, onto the some admins do some don't debate. Every time you break a rule, if an admin sees it, its up to that admin to determine the best course of action. Different admins will react to situations differently. If you think you can get away with a curse word with one admin, that's fine with me, but don't go whining if you cross over that admin's line accidentally. You play with fire, you're gonna get burned. The reason I would have for banning for acronyms and not milder replacement words is because acronyms are a shorter way of saying the same thing, they mean exactly the same thing and have the same connotation, replacement words mean a similar thing and have a milder connotation. Besides, do you want to be banned for a week for saying "awww fishsticks" or "dag nabbit" or "gosh darnit"? Your argument so far has been "Why do you draw the line there?" and the answer is simple: The line has to be drawn somewhere. The current rules make sure all words that can be read as swear words are banned but players can still vent frustrations with other words.

User avatar
RJ
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by RJ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:43 am

Mopar Madness wrote:Just cause words have the same meaning doesn't mean they are both bad, you should know this by now... crap is closer to swearing than crud, crud is closer than poo, etc.
I know that certain words are bad, like the f-word, a certain c-word and the like, but I cannot fathom, at all, how crap is considered fine and the s-word not. They mean the exact same thing, and over here in the UK, one is not classed above the other in movie age certification (both would move a U rating up to a PG rating, however) and both are allowed before the watershed.
Mopar Madness wrote:Now, onto the some admins do some don't debate. Every time you break a rule, if an admin sees it, its up to that admin to determine the best course of action. Different admins will react to situations differently.
But rules are rules, shouldn't all admins have the same mindset, rather than some banning for one offence and others banning for another, and the occasional admin who bans for both offences.
Mopar Madness wrote:The reason I would have for banning for acronyms and not milder replacement words is because acronyms are a shorter way of saying the same thing, they mean exactly the same thing and have the same connotation, replacement words mean a similar thing and have a milder connotation. Besides, do you want to be banned for a week for saying "awww fishsticks" or "dag nabbit" or "gosh darnit"?
Sound.

But I for one would find it incredibly funny if someone did get banned for one of the above examples.
"Because I just went gay all of a sudden!"
- Cary Grant (Bringing Up Baby, 1938)

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4751
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by blast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 pm

kitten wrote:
Mopar Madness wrote:Now, onto the some admins do some don't debate. Every time you break a rule, if an admin sees it, its up to that admin to determine the best course of action. Different admins will react to situations differently.
But rules are rules, shouldn't all admins have the same mindset, rather than some banning for one offence and others banning for another, and the occasional admin who bans for both offences.
It's impossible for a team of people to always make the same decisions. Your expectation that this be done is amusing. The admin team is a varied group of individuals, so decisions will vary from admin to admin, but will generally be based around the core rules of the league.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
RJ
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by RJ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 pm

blast wrote:It's impossible for a team of people to always make the same decisions. Your expectation that this be done is amusing. The admin team is a varied group of individuals, so decisions will vary from admin to admin, but will generally be based around the core rules of the league.
So what you're saying is that depending on what admin is around, the rules of the league are superfluous? Okay, cheers for that.
"Because I just went gay all of a sudden!"
- Cary Grant (Bringing Up Baby, 1938)

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4751
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by blast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:03 pm

Are you expecting every single situation to be treated exactly the same by every administrator? If so, you're living in a dream world and need to wake up. They're not robots (as far as I know :) ) programmed to uphold the rules of the league. They are individuals with a diverse background. Just going by your example that crap and an s-bomb are treated the same by movie rating standards in the UK, I'm doubting that's the same here in the US. So of course decisions will vary since not everyone thinks of profanity as the same thing, as people are from different regions of the world.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:56 am
Location: Escondido, California

Re: Please Read

Post by Bullet Catcher » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 pm

kitten wrote:what you're saying is that depending on what admin is around, the rules of the league are superfluous?
No, kitten. This kind of deliberate misinterpretation shows that your true intention is to merely stir up trouble. The people who run the GU league (by providing servers, the web site, etc.) have limited patience for this type of behavior, and you can be sure that your current ban will remain in effect as long as you persist with it.

As blast said, it is completely unrealistic to expect individual GU admins to follow the same thought process as another in every ban incident. No amount of saying "should be" is going to change that. Just like the players, the admins are each real people who bring different viewpoints and life experiences to BZFlag. This is not a failing, but instead it is an important part of what has kept the game interesting over many years. To understand the difference, try playing BZFlag against solo bots for a few hours.

You don't have to like this reality. We can't make you think it is fair. And we can't change it because we are not part of some hive mind the way you seem to want us to be. If we were, you would be part of it too and there would be no need for this discussion. So take it (change your own behavior to fit within the existing system) or leave it (go play somewhere else).

User avatar
RJ
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by RJ » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:52 pm

blast wrote:Are you expecting every single situation to be treated exactly the same by every administrator? If so, you're living in a dream world and need to wake up. They're not robots (as far as I know :) ) programmed to uphold the rules of the league. They are individuals with a diverse background. Just going by your example that crap and an s-bomb are treated the same by movie rating standards in the UK, I'm doubting that's the same here in the US. So of course decisions will vary since not everyone thinks of profanity as the same thing, as people are from different regions of the world.
But they are there to uphold the rules of the league. Why have rules and admins to enforce them, if you don't enforce them or only enforce them to a point? Your argument that each admin will make a different decision based on their background is precisely the reason the players are surprised when they get banned. One admin allows them to say the occasional 'wtf' or whatever and does nothing about it, and then another admin bans them for it. How do you expect players to feel they are getting fair treatment when the punishment is so sporadic, and appears so unjust?

Now, I'm not claiming to be a saint, and I'll be the first to admit, I pushed the line because I could and because I enjoyed doing it, but there are a lot players who used to enjoy this game, this league, who are now getting so frustrated by the ways the admins are going about bans because they honestly don't understand how it works.

If you're going to have rules, enforce them, or what's the point in having them at all? Just scrap the rules and let whatever admin is present to go about the decisions themselves based on their diverse background.
Bullet Catcher wrote:No, kitten. This kind of deliberate misinterpretation shows that your true intention is to merely stir up trouble. The people who run the GU league (by providing servers, the web site, etc.) have limited patience for this type of behavior, and you can be sure that your current ban will remain in effect as long as you persist with it.
Pot calling the kettle black, aye? Lecturing about misinterpretation all the while misinterpreting my true intention. Love it.
"Because I just went gay all of a sudden!"
- Cary Grant (Bringing Up Baby, 1938)

User avatar
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:59 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by Zac » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:49 pm

2012-02-17 - was banned 48 hrs for language. This ban occured less then 15 mins after the match was over. In the conversation following, in admin channel, the admin clearly says that If it had happened with anyone else, he would do exactly the same.

2012-02-24 - Destroyer banned for 48hrs for using the same word. THIS ban occurs 4 days after said incident on either brads, quols, or bzf. circumstances are almost exactly the same with multiple observers, children included and the same admin present. i made multiple comments to the admin about fairness and after roughly 5 mins destroyer signs off and the admin says "banned" which is clearly a lie as destroyer is seen later on match servers talking and playing. Did the admin lie to cover his arse? yes, but more importantly this event provides us with rock solid evidence that admins are biased, proof that unless it is bought to their attention, they are quite willing to ignore the fact that one of their own has stepped over the line. it took several PM's to admins before Destroyer was banned. Why should admins receive special treatment? Why do players have to point out the fault before anything is done? And why arent admins "setting an example" [insert screenshots of foul mouthed drunk admin here]. Justice, JUSTICE I SAY!

*NOTE: this is not a personal attack on destroyer. He is a great player, friendly kind and trustable. His situation was just relevant to my point.*

Bans should also be reflective of the intention. If it is an exclamation of frustration, it should warrant a less severe ban then if the language is directed towards a player. i hope red-der agrees with me since he was the one who said this :)

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4751
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by blast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:29 pm

From my understanding, he was removed from the spawn list for 48 hours. However, it was overlooked that the admin and/or cop groups also provide spawn/talk permissions. So, this wasn't a lie or a deliberate act of letting an admin off easy. It was simply an oversight with the configuration of the group permissions on each league server.

To solve that problem, any permissions that the spawn list group provides should be removed from the admin/cop groups.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

Wayney
Private
Private
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:01 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by Wayney » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I can't tell you how funny this is to read :) It's a case of admins backing up the other more egotistical admins who won't admit they're wrong.

1. There has been NO change/increase in the use of foul language.
2. There certainly HAS been an increase in bans and more specifically, biased banning. This is not just inconsistency, as you're brushing it off as.

Here's my example of a ridiculous ban. I'm in a game with troy and others, and he pulls off a cool shot on me and my immediate response is "biatch". Now troys a great guy and knows me well and he knows this is friendly banter, as do you all in that situation. Nothing malicious here at all. And I get an instant ban, due to this "over-policing" of late. What happened as a result of that is of your doing, admins, not mine. It was only expected after such a stupid ban.

A point nobody has really mentioned yet. A typical excuse for a ban like that is, "Ooooh, think of the children!" Well considering bzflag was intended as a more adult community with a 13yo lower age limit, there shouldn't be "children" on these servers. I'm pretty sure teens can handle what you've been banning for these past couple of months. A line should be clear of the level of profanity acceptable in such an age group, and this has recently been lowered and lowered to about the level that 7 year olds shouldn't hear.

Well, whatever, a league without the banter/hilarity from the likes of me or kitty? Oh, you're so missing out.

User avatar
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 847
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Please Read

Post by FiringSquad » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm glad that this issue is being discussed. It's far better to have these things discussed in the open than whispered in corridors.

Firstly, if you need to resort to bad language in order to be funny, then you need new material.

As for warnings, if somebody uses offensive language each game until they receive a warning, eventually they get the warning, "Next time immediate ban!".
Is never as clear-cut as you might think.

Choosing whether to ban or not is a complicated task for me.
I try to decide whether a particular comment was offensive and make a the best decision I can in the interest of the league.
I also live in a society where "foul language" is prevalent. It's part of my baggage and that flavours my decisions.
There are many times when I despair though, at the problems that this "inconsistency" creates and wonder whether it would be best to just "lay down the law".

This league, and indeed this game as a whole, depends on the self-sacrifice of individuals who are willing to give up time and money to provide enjoyment for you all, developers, map-makers, server owners, admins et al.
There is an awful lot of belly-aching going on here by people whose sole contribution is "I play".
Don't get me wrong, activity is the life-blood of BZFlag, but if you really want to help, start making some sacrifices and give us all a break.

Remember that it only becomes an issue when you feel the need to broadcast bad language to all players and observers. Team-chat and PM's are not a problem.
Is it really too much to ask that you obey the rules regarding bad language? Is that really a sacrifice too far for you?
Last edited by FiringSquad on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4751
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by blast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Wayney wrote:A point nobody has really mentioned yet. A typical excuse for a ban like that is, "Ooooh, think of the children!" Well considering bzflag was intended as a more adult community with a 13yo lower age limit, there shouldn't be "children" on these servers. I'm pretty sure teens can handle what you've been banning for these past couple of months. A line should be clear of the level of profanity acceptable in such an age group, and this has recently been lowered and lowered to about the level that 7 year olds shouldn't hear.
I'm not sure where you came up with the idea that BZFlag is targeted at adults. We have hundreds of registered users under the age of 13 (and probably many more that lied during registration). We fully allow players under the age of 13 to participate as long as we have permission from their parent(s) to store their information here. And even without that, they could play on game servers unregistered.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
Starski
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:01 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Please Read

Post by Starski » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:16 pm

so many reason why the league is dying dont wanna make a long post. stupid bans, no competiton on, i dont know for sure might be cause of the version update dang so many reason..what happened to this league not like if we all switch to duc anything is gonna change so whatever.

If the leagues die BZ will die.
"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"
-Gandhi

FKA Danji

Bad Company -> http://www.guleague.org/Teams/?profile=1001

User avatar
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:02 am
Location: outer Slovenia
Contact:

Re: Please Read

Post by kierra » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm

FiringSquad: I also live in a society where "foul language" is prevalent. It's part of my baggage and that flavours my decisions.
While i can see that you are probably used to using /seeing this language, let me use this analogy.
On the autobahn, you can drive with high speeds. That is the norm there. Should you come to the states, highway speeds are limited to 70 mph. Now you can try driving at higher speeds (since thats what you're used to) but rest assured, if you're caught, you're going to be hit with a speeding ticket.

So what does that make gu? Do we have an autobahn where anything goes, or do we have a place where we issue speeding tickets.
If we're going to issue speeding tickets, both admins and players need to know the speed limit! A blurred line leads to dissent, discontentment, and confusion....not only for the drivers but also the cops whose responsibility it is to preserve safety by issuing the tickets.

What is a willful act should be penalized. What is detrimental to the league community should be issued a speeding ticket. Collecting too many tickets results in losing your license for an extended period of time.

-written in conjunction with Frank the Tank
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"

User avatar
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:59 pm

Re: Please Read

Post by Zac » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:13 am

From my understanding, he was removed from the spawn list for 48 hours. However, it was overlooked that the admin and/or cop groups also provide spawn/talk permissions. So, this wasn't a lie or a deliberate act of letting an admin off easy. It was simply an oversight with the configuration of the group permissions on each league server.
Blast: It was not until several complaints and several days after the incident that he was banned. Oversight or not, the issue should have been resolved immediately so as to prevent an obvious bias.

Locked