The GU League Team Advancement System, GU TAS

Discussion for GU League Players
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

The GU League Team Advancement System, GU TAS

Post by Snake12534 »

Hi all bzflag member :) specfically GU League players. I am having trouble in the GU League with my team the Reptiles. It is currently ranked the lowest Score of all other teams, it has a pretty low activty. It only has 5 members, 2 including me that are really active. I tried helping my team advance in Strength, activity, and match tatics. But all strategies I had tried has ultimatley FAIL. This is why I decided to write this post. I need tips and advice on how to make my team really BETTER :) so far I had try inviting almost all teamless players. Most ignoring the the Invitation. So thanks players of GU League! Bye :) Please help
retired
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: The GU League Team Advancement System, GU TAS

Post by FiringSquad »

You might try uneven teams.
It is allowed to have different match configurations, like 3 Vs 2, where all players agree beforehand.
This will give your team a better chance of winning and will give the opposing team more fun by making it more challenging.

Finally, remember that capturing the flag and protecting your flag are the most important things. Individual scores mean nothing.
Don't waste your time battling with your opponent when you should be going to get their flag.
Even if you kill them, the will likely spawn close enough to prevent you getting their flag unless you go to their flag and fight them there.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Moved to the GU League Discussion forum.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

I need knowledge though. When I goto bzflag forums there is only Duc League and 1vs1, somehow the Gu league is hidden
retired
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Snake12534 wrote:I need knowledge though. When I goto bzflag forums there is only Duc League and 1vs1, somehow the Gu league is hidden
This post is IN GU League so if you don't see it how are you commenting on it?
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Snake12534 wrote:I need knowledge though. When I goto bzflag forums there is only Duc League and 1vs1, somehow the Gu league is hidden
The forum is best viewed with open eyes.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Ok then, now back to topic, we need to spread players to join the GU League
retired
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Ok the thing about uneven matches is that I basically don't happen to have 3 players online at once (even since I just recruited 2 ppl) so this is why my team especally need help, we wanna make sure GU League stays active as well also.
retired