GU Time Length Matches

Discussion for GU League Players
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

GU Time Length Matches

Post by Snake12534 »

Well, I remember the day when GU released 20 min. Matches. It was such a happy day for me. Though, My schedule has been alot tighter. I can only play perhaps only 20 min. Consitently. Meaning each 20min, I cant play. So I want more options. I want 15min, 20min, 30min, 45min, and even 60min. I know this may seem crazy, but I love the option of freedom and choice. It will help my schedule with gu league. I am also pretty sure other players have the same problem. Afterall it only takes 36 seconds to cap without pressure. Please consider 15 min. Matches. Thank you. Please post your opinion.
retired
Jacko H
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: GU Time Length Matches

Post by Jacko H »

Why don't they just change all the GU leagues to suit you, snake?
Jacko Productions:
World War III, Kill Or Die, Nazarath, Warlock Adrenaline, Rabbit Season, Firing Range (Just Be Simple), Death Island.
red-der
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by red-der »

Afterall it only takes 36 seconds to cap without pressure
Care to show me?

Or did you mean:
If I grab the flag with no other players on the map, I need only 36 sec to cap?
In that case --> :turtle:
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

If 45 minute matches would help your schedule, do two 20 minute matches. If 60 minute matches would help your schedule, do two 30 minute matches or three 20 minute matches.

Also, I believe the clear majority of matches are decided (by a significant margin of lead) long before 30 minutes are up... it would be painful to subject the losing team to an additional 15 or 30 minutes when they have no reasonable chance of catching back up. It's more rewarding to have a fresh start and try to win the rematch.

I am not aware of any other complaints that 20 minutes is too long. Mostly I have seen a continued prevalence of 30 minute matches.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Jacko H wrote:Why don't they just change all the GU leagues to suit you, snake?
I am pretty sure this helping others as well. And it really is no change. You still have a choice of 20 or 30 minuete matches.
retired
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

red-der wrote:
Afterall it only takes 36 seconds to cap without pressure
Care to show me?

Or did you mean:
If I grab the flag with no other players on the map, I need only 36 sec to cap?
In that case --> :turtle:
I meant the second case, no players. Though I believe a noob like me can even cap in under 5 min. So 3 caps in a game is quite succesful.
retired
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Constitution wrote:If 45 minute matches would help your schedule, do two 20 minute matches. If 60 minute matches would help your schedule, do two 30 minute matches or three 20 minute matches.

Also, I believe the clear majority of matches are decided (by a significant margin of lead) long before 30 minutes are up... it would be painful to subject the losing team to an additional 15 or 30 minutes when they have no reasonable chance of catching back up. It's more rewarding to have a fresh start and try to win the rematch.

I am not aware of any other complaints that 20 minutes is too long. Mostly I have seen a continued prevalence of 30 minute matches.
1. As i stated, my schedule kind of sucks. I play a consitency of no more than 20 min max every so hour or two. Cuz of work, etc, etc. It takes about 5 min to prepare everyone. So if I did a 20 min match, Im pretty sure i should say good bye to my paycheck.

2. I know I sound selfish, but I really love GU League, and it is hard for me to play with a schedule like this. Also it will not effect other players. There is still a choice of 20 and 30 min matches.

3. I admit not alot of people need only 15 min matches, but I do know a friend who does. So at least 2 ppl can be happy :D
retired
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Hey guys! I am unable to accurately prioritize the various activities in my life, so I think you should change your stuff for me! Also, we're completely out of tacos!
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

blast wrote:Hey guys! I am unable to accurately prioritize the various activities in my life, so I think you should change your stuff for me! Also, we're completely out of tacos!
Seriously, I'm not joking about this.
retired
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I'm not joking either. I just checked. We have exactly zero tacos.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Dude, I told you I'd go to the store when I got home from work.
ImageJeffM
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mr64bit »

blast wrote:I'm not joking either. I just checked. We have exactly zero tacos.
Sure you don't owe someone a taco? ;)
---mr64bit
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

This thread is being filled with non-related comments to this topic. Sorry for being so rude, but I wouild appreciate A bit more respect, thank you. And yes, get more tacos :), no, really, do get more tacos.
retired