Nominations 2013

Discussion for GU League Players
An SQUERRILz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Nominations 2013

Post by An SQUERRILz »

Another year and naturally a round of nominations for the "Most Influencial People in GU 2013". Here are my three nominations and vote:

Of course it's a matter of opinion. Anyone who has been inspiring to you in 2013 can be nominated. Submit your three nominations and designate your vote!

Osta
His GU team "Ducati FM?" has made a bold statement and contributed to both leagues, as well as inspiring others to speak up such as the "Gu fm?" team in Ducati.

SillySir
SillySir organized the GU Silly Cup that was almost completed this year [blame Colormad] in spite of poor assumptions made about GU players' preferences and schedulability. He proved that non-Riker players were equally willing to assemble for a friendly competition.

Snake12534 (who my vote goes to)
The most improved troublemaker of the year still keeps the admins on their toes. Snake leads Reptiles, the most active team. He and someun have given the other dynamic duos (orbit/morning glory and zac/yvaika) a run for their money.

Here's a haiku about him:
given 3k lag
Snake run with enemy flag
coefficient drag
No one asked for it but here is my shortlist:

An SQUERRILz
King of grammar and inventor of the SQelo PvP rating system. His GU match predictor outperforms leading expert Zac.

red-der
red-der made his mark in Ducati and GU having played for the top teams. His proposed "A new matching variant for GU league" and brought out the true colors of the community. His quitting the leagues in 2013 has made a noticeable impact on league atmosphere and activity.

kierra and frank the tank
Perhaps the dynamic duo within the GU admin team, their activity is necessary.

allejo and brad
allejo worked on the autoreport plugin, signed up as a dev and is working in the background for OpenLeague. I don't actually know what brad does.

Runruns
Runs is an active member who is admired for his lighthearted presence.

Constitution
Organized the HiX Doubles Challenge.

khonkhortisan or zar
One of these is probably the most relatively improved player of the year.
Last edited by An SQUERRILz on Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Nominations 2013

Post by Snake12534 »

I couldn't decide exactly which three out of the whole league deserves a nomination but I tried my best:

The Whole Reptile Team

All of my mates had been there in times of hard work, reptiles were the bottom team for almost an entire year. I thank you for your efforts and accomplishments toward the team and I couldn't had done anything if weren't for all of your loyalty toward me, the team, and GU League. Thank you, Reptiles.

Below are two of the most dedicated and loyal mates of Reptiles

khonkhortisan

Khonkhortisan is probably my oldest mate sitting in reptiles today. When I first met him, he was quite a skill player but didn't know anything about flags yet. Now, he has improved greatly as jadespicy stated. Khonkhortisan is also very active to the league. Khonkhortisan is the only reptile in the team who was present when Reptiles were very low skilled. Because of this, he deserves recognition to sticking to the team for a extended time and that has payed off. Outta Reptiles, he is known for his kindness, major improvement, and hard work. Thank you khonkhortisan.

someun

someun is one of my most dedicated mates to Reptiles. Coming from Team WTWRP, he joined reptiles a couple of months ago. Until that period of time, he has become an extremely active mate and is very loyal to the Reptillian Team. He started the era of reptiles and our winning streaks. To top his dedication to Reptiles, someun has been my good friend in bzflag. Out of Reptiles, he is an active player which mentioned before, is very important in this period of less activity in bzflag. He makes sure that the league is successful in the long run. Thank you, someun.

jadespicy / an squ

Jadespicy's activity to the league is very helpful. But most importantly, I had nominated him for personal reasons. Jadespicy has significant dedication in this league. Personally, he has helped me accomplished many major activities. Thank you jadespicy, you are a great person in this league.

I vote for all of my nominations. All of these people (and team) had been excellent toward the league and deserve recognition for their place in the league.

-Snake12534
retired
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

jadespicy wrote:I don't actually know what brad does.
lol
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Here go my nominations. Needless to say, was hard to stick to only 3 and my fear is that those who also deserve to be nominated, are left out because I'm limited to 3

1. Osta: my right hand in Ducati. Always the polite, respectful player. Loves ducati, agrees to play gu.

2. allejo: Allejo has volunteered and given much of his free time to code for bzflag, not just for gu, but for OL, mofo as well. He plans to host as well.

3. hosters: Here's how i get around the 3 limit. Without hosts to run servers, there would be no bzflag as we enjoy at the moment. My hat goes out to all of them: ahs3, Bullet Catcher, blast, brad, catay, Chestal, grans remedy, mana, quol for the current Leagues, soon to include allejo for OL, tw1sted for public gu, and future OL. And to alezakos for helit, benfish for bztank servers, bugsy for bzjungle, Constitution for trinity servers, CD for bzaddict, mofo owners for their servers and anyone I may have left out. Blast for hosting listserver, bzbb forums, duc site. Kudos to all hosters!!!!!! I cannot thank you enough!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Snake12534 wrote:I couldn't decide exactly which three out of the whole league deserves a nomination but I tried my best:

The Whole Reptile Team

All of my mates had been there in times of hard work, reptiles were the bottom team for almost an entire year. I thank you for your efforts and accomplishments toward the team and I couldn't had done anything if weren't for all of your loyalty toward me, the team, and GU League. Thank you, Reptiles.

Below are two of the most dedicated and loyal mates of Reptiles

khonkhortisan

Khonkhortisan is probably my oldest mate sitting in reptiles today. When I first met him, he was quite a skill player but didn't know anything about flags yet. Now, he has improved greatly as jadespicy stated. Khonkhortisan is also very active to the league. Khonkhortisan is the only reptile in the team who was present when Reptiles were very low skilled. Because of this, he deserves recognition to sticking to the team for a extended time and that has payed off. Outta Reptiles, he is known for his kindness, major improvement, and hard work. Thank you khonkhortisan.

someun

someun is one of my most dedicated mates to Reptiles. Coming from Team WTWRP, he joined reptiles a couple of months ago. Until that period of time, he has become an extremely active mate and is very loyal to the Reptillian Team. He started the era of reptiles and our winning streaks. To top his dedication to Reptiles, someun has been my good friend in bzflag. Out of Reptiles, he is an active player which mentioned before, is very important in this period of less activity in bzflag. He makes sure that the league is successful in the long run. Thank you, someun.

jadespicy / an squ

Jadespicy's activity to the league is very helpful. But most importantly, I had nominated him for personal reasons. Jadespicy has significant dedication in this league. Personally, he has helped me accomplished many major activities. Thank you jadespicy, you are a great person in this league.

I vote for all of my nominations. All of these people (and team) had been excellent toward the league and deserve recognition for their place in the league.

-Snake12534

Here are my nominations 2014

GU Council

Hands down, without the GU Council, there will be no GU League. They keep the league up and running smoothly. Without them, I wouldn't have had the great years of BZFlag. Unfortunately, the league is becoming more inactive. Currently, there are no teams that exceed 1.00 (1 match a day). The major actives, Tactical Aptitude and Casual Arson are starting to become less active after the most recent Rikers Cup led by HJ in team NA. I believe the GU Admins are trying their best to bring activity to this league. This game is lots of fun and I have had many memories with the game.

Jadespicy Updated

Jadespicy was formally nominated by me in 2013... I believe he deserves another nomination. Since then, he has helped me in so many ways. The list is endless.

Reptiles again

I would like to thank Reptiles again for huge dedication. Unfortunately, we dropped heavy in activity starting 2014. I would like to thank zar and khonkhortisan for being there any day. Reptiles had a great run in GU, and I enjoyed every second of it.
retired
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Nominations 2015 Update

Hello BZFlag Tankers,

My name is Snake12534.

I know I'm late to this year's party, but as they say, "better late than never." - khonkhortisan.

For 2015, my nomination goes to... *DRUMROLL Please*

- Khonkhortisan

Khonkhortisan has been my nomination for 2013, 2014, and now this year. And there's a good reason for this. Khonkhortisan shows persistent dedication and loyalty to team Reptiles in both Ducati and GU. He has always been there since his first day in the league through thick and thin. As a teammate and friend to Khonkhortisan, I am disappointed in myself for acting immature and generally acerbic. For my regretful actions, I have been banned numerous times, consequentially being offered numerous second chances, all in which I have failed to follow through on. I'm abashed for these actions. Yet, Khonkhortisan has been serene and has remained optimistic about the future of our team and the league. Regarding of skill in the league, Khonkhortisan has showed many actions of adroit decisions and tactics. He has contributed as a BZFlag developer and to the league's activity.

Thank you.
retired