Riker Cup Commentators

Discussion for GU League Players
Bacon Grease
Private First Class
Private First Class

Riker Cup Commentators

Post by Bacon Grease »

Hello all of GU!

This topic is to put out the idea that a friend of mine (Duct_Tape_Pro) and I are now declaring ourselves the "Official Riker Cup Commentators".
We have recently acquired a screen recorder and a professional microphone for the purpose of commentating on the Riker Cup.

We will start this coming Summer Riker and if this idea gets rolling with all of you we will do a live stream to twitch.tv so you can watch us watch (and converse about) the match(es).

We are all about having fun with this and will try to be entertaining as possible as well as professional :)

Discuss more if you all are interested in having "official commentators" and also what you would like to see from us.

We have a bit of experience from creating our own podcast which you can listen to here at http://battlefronter3.com/ which is written by Duct_Tape_Pro.
Stay greasy my friends
blast
General
General

Re: Riker Cup Commentators

Post by blast »

That would be awesome. I know some have tried to do a recording of the match before, but live commentary would be neat.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

sillysir
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sillysir »

yea, that would be really neat, especially live.

Just a suggestion, I'm not sure how good or hard it would be, but you could try and record you observing. Kind of instead of us entering BZ and observing ourselves, we watch your video, while you fly around and pinpoint players or what not as you narrate. May be interesting.
silly :P
Bacon Grease
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bacon Grease »

Yes silly, I guess I didn't make that clear but that is exactly what I would do - either observe the leader, a specific tank (e.g. a person who is about to cap) or just roam around in the sky :)
All this when Duct Tape and I are talking.

That's the beauty of the screen capture device we bought, we can stream anything that we are watching.

Good, glad to hear that the live thing would work out, especially if people would watch it on twitch.tv instead of just being an observer yourself. Because if no one is interested in watching us live on twitch then we wouldn't do it - there would be no point.
Stay greasy my friends
Duct_Tape_Pro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duct_Tape_Pro »

Hey Duct Tape Pro here, I will be the other commentator alongside Bacon. Just wanted to say I am really looking forward to this! Feel free to message my any specific questions about the live stream.
sillysir
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by sillysir »

I told Bacon in-game, just wanted to say it on here. But, just as a suggestion, you could commentate on the Silly Cup. I mean it could turn out smaller than planned, but it should be fun and good practice for you guys. And perhaps it would bring more attention...
silly :P
Duct_Tape_Pro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duct_Tape_Pro »

Sounds fun silly! I will talk to Bacon about it.
Duct_Tape_Pro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duct_Tape_Pro »

Just to clear some things up Bacon and I will be commentating the silly cup just not live, Bacon is busy that saturday. Then I will upload it to youtube.
However, we will commentate the summer Riker Cup live so set your calendars.
Bacon Grease
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bacon Grease »

The Riker Cup is coming up in less than three days!

As a reminder, Duct Tape Pro and I will be commentating on it and streaming it to twitch.tv.
I think Duct Tape will do a follow-up post with the link to the twitch page shortly, and until then if you want to support us then tell all your fellow bzflaggers about our idea!

-BG

Here is the link to the twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/battlefronter3
Cu on game day!
Stay greasy my friends
Duct_Tape_Pro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Duct_Tape_Pro »

Just some notes on the stream for those who are interested. We have tested the stream and it is about 10-15 seconds behind real time. This is due to the fact that I am steaming at 720p. If you are not familiar with Twitch.tv you have to make an account if you want to use the chat box. I will be responding to questions and comments in the chat box while we are streaming so feel free to ask questions. Very recently, we have been talking with razor and he might join us for the stream through Skype.

Please message me if you have any more questions.
razer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by razer »

Just so everyone knows, We have spoken and Duct_tape_pro, Bacon Grease and I will be working together. The updated stream link for tomorrow will be @ the BattleZoneBroadcast

http://www.twitch.tv/battlezonebroadcast
Bacon Grease
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bacon Grease »

Greetings!

The Awesome Commentators are back, and ready to rock and roll for the 2015 Winter Riker Cup!
We will be bringing you live, fresh content about the match with a new setup, and jokes to make you laugh. Hopefully.
If we can manage to say all of the players' names right this time...

All you have to do is go to http://www.twitch.tv/battlefronter3 before gametime (January 31st, 19 GMT) and we will see you there.

As per the usual, we will be live streaming the match so that you can listen/watch us talk about the game while it's happening. We will also be uploading it to YouTube in case you can't make it next Saturday. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkbZAy ... FA-O2_XOyg
Tell your friends about it, and we hope to see you there!

-Bacon Grease and Duct tape pro
Stay greasy my friends
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

Looking forward to the commentary, Bacon Grease and Duct_Tape_Pro!
retired
Bacon Grease
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bacon Grease »

So an update concerning the Riker Cup live-stream from twitch: it will not be happening.

Duct tape will be out of town and cannot do the live stream, and I do not want to do it by myself.
We are both really sorry for those of you who were looking forward to the live-stream, and we really wish that it could happen.

WE WILL be recording the match and voicing over it soon so that THERE WILL be a youtube video shortly of our commentary on the match. This will be posted to Duct tape's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkbZAy ... FA-O2_XOyg.

Again, we are sorry for the late notice and cancel of the live-stream, and we are looking forward to the youtube video.

-BG
Stay greasy my friends