Activity Tournament

Discussion for GU League Players
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Activity Tournament

Post by Snake12534 »

UPDATE: Team Members of a team are now allowed to registered their teams ---- event starts on September 29th, Monday! Please register!

Hello BZFlaggers,

Lately, I've been noticing the league has been decreasing in activity where its peaks are only during Riker times. The most active team at the moment is ForestForce with 0.56 activity. No team in the league is exceeding 0.60 activity. In 2013, the most active team was Reptiles with 3.11 activity. From kierra, teams used to get 6.00+ activity! There has been a major decrease in GU League and BZFlag's activity. I fear that, soon or in the future, there may be a sudden halt in activity regarding of GU League.

For these reasons, I am proposing the idea of a 'Activity Cup / Tournament.' A tournament where the winner is the most active team in a certain time period. Any team can register with no limitations of any kind. The goal is to do as many official matches in a week during a time period. I know this a new idea of concept of tournaments in the league but I believe desperate times call for desperate measures. Registration is done by meeting with your team and the leader will registered through my website. Any official that was done by a registered team from 0:00 GMT September 29 - 23:59 GMT October 6 will be counted as one point. If there is a tie, the event will be extended a day. This process will continue to happen until a week has passed. If so, both teams will be declared tied.

30 Minute Officials count as 1 point.
20 Minute Officials count as .66 point.

The website will consists of all statistics including but not limited to: Tournament information, teams registered, teams' standings.

Date: 0:00 GMT September 29 -23:59 GMT October 6th
Registration: Please register at https://sites.google.com/site/guleagueactives/
Server: Any Server
Winner: Most Active Team Wins
Prize: $1 Dollar Amazon Gift Card
[Shipped Electronically via e-mail] (This is all I have, sorry! If anyone is willing to donate a bigger prize, please feel free)

Keys: Sept 29 - Oct 6 GMT; Most Active Team Wins

https://sites.google.com/site/guleagueactives/

Thanks!
Last edited by Snake12534 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
retired
brad
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Activity Tournament

Post by brad »

Should make the points more in line with the match length (0.66) otherwise it favours 20 minute matches.

You should also consider not requiring any manual registration - just take a screenshot of the teams page at the start of the event, and again at the end, and work out which team played most.

I appreciate you putting this together though...nice job.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Activity Tournament

Post by Snake12534 »

brad wrote:Should make the points more in line with the match length (0.66) otherwise it favours 20 minute matches.

You should also consider not requiring any manual registration - just take a screenshot of the teams page at the start of the event, and again at the end, and work out which team played most.

I appreciate you putting this together though...nice job.
Thank you Brad for your feedback.

20 minute matches are now 0.66 points.
Registration is still the same process because I think a team should know that they are joining a tournament :P
retired