Getting back the old account

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
w339
Private First Class
Private First Class

Getting back the old account

Post by w339 »

Hi all. I fired up the BZFlag client after ..uh.. maybe 15 years, only to realize that I forgot about everything: moves, tricks etc, all gone. Grrrr! :-D But more importantly, I can't play using my old beloved nick because it's already registered here. I can't retrieve the password because I changed my ISP and old email address. How can I get the old account back (nuking this one) so that I'll be "w339" again over here and on servers?

BTW, is there anyone of my old team (The Legendary Zeebrothers) still around?
blast
General
General

Re: Getting back the old account

Post by blast »

I'll contact you directly to see what we can do.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Welcome back, w339. Years since we've seen you!!!
So glad you found your way back!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Welcome back.

There's been quite a few changes throughout the years, so don't be too surprised at what you see.
(Mostly with regards to some of the custom flags which appear on maps like Apocalypse or QuickShots.)

Probably the biggest change you'll realize right away is the "-noTeamKills" option, so teammates don't die if shot by accident.
(This happens to be enabled on quite a few maps.)

Also, if you need anything, feel free to ask. (I can usually help with most things too.)

Once again, glad to have you back and looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
w339
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by w339 »

Hi all, here I am with the old nickname, finally! Long time no see, kierra!
Thanks Zehra, I noticed there are some changes (the no teamkills surely is a godsend) and I still have to figure out the other new flags. The ass cannon made me laugh so much that I stopped playing and got immediately nuked. Lol:)
I feel a bit lost in the new complex maps with lots of flags and shots, it gets messy and I'm now an old fart:) Doh... now that I think of it, my first bzflag match is dated 1999! I miss the old ducati style ctf tournaments playing with the Zees against other teams.
As for the old skills, they're gone, but I'll practice a bit to show that this old fart can still drive his rusty tank to battle!:)
tainn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tainn »

For what it's worth, ducati matches are still being regularly played, mainly as a segment of leagues united — come and join us!
R3laX
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by R3laX »

Welcome back, w339.
OG
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alfa1 »

Welcome back. If there is not enough players of the map you want to play in, you can now try nice robots locally to replace them: Levels and Robots (Simplified Version). My server DiverSion is online regularly with those settings (a nice CTF map similar to Ducati and a nice FFA map similar to Easy Tank's Superserver (good to say that both maps are something like the default randomly generated BZFlag maps)), though it's not 24 hours. (Note the server has an important modification to allow 'autopilot' robots online since, otherwise, they are forbidden.)

I play it regularly and it's rather fun and challenging. Some people which bear the lag, since it's South America, also like it (though it's not so much lag).

I take the opportunity to emphasize that, to play comfortably, Mini Ducati maps maximum of players is 3 vs 3 and normal Ducati is 5 vs 5. More info, on my thread.
DangerMouse
Private
Private

Post by DangerMouse »

blast wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:42 pm I'll contact you directly to see what we can do.
Kinda handy this being the first topic in the sub-forum, would appreciate it if I could get my old account back too.

Thanks, and thanks for mirroring my code blast, I can't find a local copy anywhere...
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Cheers Blast, back to being me :).