Chatroom

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
D is for Dangerous
Private First Class
Private First Class

Chatroom

Post by D is for Dangerous »

maybe its just that my comp is crappy but the when i go to chatroom it wont load all the way and if i type somthin i have to reboot
his house is a circus besearck as Fu** we tend to see that but weve had no luck what is done to ur friends their memories pretend and the last thing that they want is for the feeling to end.
Big Cheese
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Big Cheese »

Don't worry, it has never worked for me. it never loads :|
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

If you want to join that "chatroom" use a REAL IRC client, like x-chat:

http://www.silverex.org/news/
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

The chat room hasn't worked for me in a long time, either. I do use a regular IRC client when I can, but the web IRC gateway would be really handy for when I'm in the library at my school, for instance (my school's internet connection is firewalled).
D is for Dangerous
Private First Class
Private First Class

So...how long has it not been working and why havnt they fixed it?
his house is a circus besearck as Fu** we tend to see that but weve had no luck what is done to ur friends their memories pretend and the last thing that they want is for the feeling to end.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Because it was identified as a security risk and generally is a magnet for people who want to cause problems. If you want to chat, please get an IRC client and see : http://my.bzflag.org/w/BZFlag_on_IRC

That being said, the #bzchat is generally to help people, and is typically pretty quiet. #bzflag is the official developers channel, and you are welcome to lurk and talk about the development of BZFlag, but chatting about random stuff is discouraged for the most part on that channel.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Yeah, you can that in private chat ;), There is also #bzchat and #bzfx.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

PETER wrote:Yeah, you can that in private chat ;), There is also #bzchat and #bzfx.
I'm not sure why the BZFX channel get's a special mention when there are also the following channels:
##planetmofo
##norang
##bzw
##shadowcat
#divi
... and many many more.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

PETER wrote:There is also #bzchat and #bzfx.
I feel so honored for my channel to be mentioned, even though it never gets used for it's true purpose. :)

Yeah, #bzfx is fine for off-topic stuff. 90% off-topic, 10% on-topic, and 10% fun equals 110% of a blast!

##planetmofo is also good if you got the guts.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
AAA
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by AAA »

While we are listing chat channels, #bzstocks is where development for web browser projects takes place, including BZStocks, but also my projects, BZFlag_Info, BZFSAdmin, AAABot, and Redjacket Stats.

##planetmofo is, um, not for the faint of heart.

In #bzfx you get to see TK's as they happen if I have BZFXBot running in IRC and AAABot running on a server.

I use the ChatZilla Firefox extension, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want to be on 24/7. It's lightweight enough to work for general, periodic use. Make sure you have a standalone client if you start regularly visiting IRC.
Admin and Senior Vice Executive Administrator of Network and System Architecture @ BZFX -- Core Admin @ CAN -- SF.net user diamondmagic -- irc.freenode.net nickname AAA_awright (#bzfx if not #bzflag)
D is for Dangerous
Private First Class
Private First Class

i think i can handle planetmofo guys