Wacky idea for map meet-up announcement subforum

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
immunogoblin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wacky idea for map meet-up announcement subforum

Post by immunogoblin »

I was just exploring the King of the Hill map for the first time a few minutes ago, and thinking it would be a fun place to get splatterd if there were more than 2-3 people there, and after some chatting I wondered if it would make sense to add a subforum that was strictly for the announcement/negotiation of a meet-up time at specific servers, with each server (well, each one that somebody adds) having it's own sticky topic, with all posts having something like a twelve hour (or variable within a range, if feasible) time to live, to avoid clutter. Then anybody who wanted to could subscribe to that topic and be notified as per their profile settings whenever a meet-up was proposed. This would be a general broadcast, vs. the arrangements that take place within existing communication groups - basically, if you like a map, you subscribe, and if you get a notification of a proposed meet-up time that works for you, you show up. I could be deluded, but I would hope maybe this would help some deserving maps get more play. Does this sound interesting to anybody?

Oh, and as a minor digression, maybe a subforum specifically for the development of strictly game resource creative works (textures, sounds, fonts, locales) as opposed to fan art? Just a side thought. :)
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. One problem I have always had is that the maps I play on are often at the mercy of what's popular at the time.

I think it would sort of evolve to the point where there's a weekly game on some maps. People would find a time that works and keep using it.
Join MI6!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

you can use the players forum or the Tournaments And Games fourm
ImageJeffM