Forum Login Problems

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Forum Login Problems

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I'm having some serious trouble with logging in. Sometimes, I enter it properly, but I have to do it again. Other times, I log out when I enter a forum right after logging in, and sometimes it randomly logs me out (even though I was active just 10 seconds ago.) It's really getting annoying. Ideas?
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I did notice something like this a few days ago. I went to the forum, and saw some forum categories had new topics. But when I clicked on "View posts since last visit", that page had nothing. It was like my session cleared itself. I have it set up to Log me in automatically on this system. If I had that off, it probably would have shown me as being logged out.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

I've had this issue for a while too.. Firefox by any chance?

It's been happening on OS X and Windows... I stay logged in for about 1-2 hours, but I come back and then I'm logged out. Cleared cache, cookies, everything multiple times.

Doesn't appear to be on my end, but instead it appears to be a bug in phpBB (or at least the way it's cookies interact with Firefox)...
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It's possible that Apache is restarting and throwing away the session as well (not sure if a restart does that or not). I'm not sure what brlcad has set up as far as scripts on that end.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)