Can't Reply...

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
Post Reply
cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Can't Reply...

Post by cepris » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:12 am

Hey,
For some reason, I can't reply to any forum post, only start them. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Thanks.

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4667
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by blast » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:51 am

Probably because you're doing it wrong. Are you saying you don't see a "post reply" button on any thread, nor the quick reply area?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
joevano
General
General
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:08 pm
Location: South Bend, Indiana, USA

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by joevano » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Here is a picture for you pointing out the various reply options
Forum Reply.jpg
Forum screenshot
(83.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln

User avatar
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by Cobra_Fast » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:30 pm

If you're not seeing all those opportunities joevano showed you, it's most likely that you're not logged in or not logged in correctly. Try logging out (if you arn't already) and then logging back in. If youre still not seeing any of the reply elements I'd say that theres something wrong.

User avatar
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Right Behind you!
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by ducktape » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Also note, the "Hide Quick Reply" in the bottom left of the picture joevano showed you.
Image

User avatar
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by Cobra_Fast » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Bottom right ... actually ...
<- this way is Left
this way is Right ->
I'm pretty sure about this.

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Can't Reply Continued...

Post by cepris » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi, thanks blast, joevano, Cobra_Fast, and ducktape for your help in the other forum, sorry, I should have written it more clearly, I can write a reply, but when I press Submit, it appears on the thread page, but then after a while it disappears as if by magic

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4667
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by blast » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 pm

(Topic merged)

It sounds more like your posts are being deleted. Try actually replying here and see what happens.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by cepris » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:26 am

Hi thanks for merging. Uhm.. lets see if this works.

User avatar
Cobra_Fast
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by Cobra_Fast » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:42 am

wildrune11 wrote:Hi thanks for merging. Uhm.. lets see if this works.
I can totally read it.

User avatar
blast
General
General
Posts: 4667
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:49 pm
Location: playing.cxx
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by blast » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 am

Myth busted!
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Image

User avatar
joevano
General
General
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:08 pm
Location: South Bend, Indiana, USA

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by joevano » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm

blast wrote:It sounds more like your posts are being deleted.
Also, proven! From a PM to you on Jan 26th:
joevano wrote:Also, do not say thanks to every response... it does not add to the conversation and is implied by them answering (read the rules). I just delete them.
Just an FYI (again), post count does nothing for you. If you comment is off-topic, adds nothing to the conversation, or possibly remarks on an old dead topic it may disappear.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by cepris » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:47 pm

But I wasn't doing that anymore ? :)

User avatar
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1210
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by Bambino » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:45 am

Is that a question? Even I noticed that you say thank you after every one of your questions is answered. If your posts don't add anything important to the topic they will most likely get deleted.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague

User avatar
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
Location: Right Behind you!
Contact:

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by ducktape » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:45 am

Cobra_Fast wrote:Bottom right ... actually ...
<- this way is Left
this way is Right ->
I'm pretty sure about this.

:D hahaha :doh:
Image

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by cepris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 am

Bambino wrote:Is that a question? Even I noticed that you say thank you after every one of your questions is answered. If your posts don't add anything important to the topic they will most likely get deleted.
Yeah I used to but I don't anymore, joevano told me not to. I like to say thank you and always get a strong urge to because for some reason I feel sorry for some of the people when I don't say thanks, because they wasted their time one me. Other comments have gotten deleted too. Okay let's just stop on this conversation because it's pointless now :)

User avatar
joevano
General
General
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:08 pm
Location: South Bend, Indiana, USA

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by joevano » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:13 am

<delete> :P
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln

cepris
Private First Class
Private First Class
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:49 am

Re: Can't Reply...

Post by cepris » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Oh sorry :P I can't.. there's no button (why don't you? :) ).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest