Question, Suggestion & Issue.

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
ChaoticFangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Question, Suggestion & Issue.

Post by ChaoticFangUp »

Hello there.

Please, do not delete this since it fits in here & do not Flame me for no reason.
Just read, comment & say what you think about it! :)

QUESTION:

Do BZFlag Forums already have the option on "moving" the Topic?
Like, if a Topic is on a wrong part of the Forums, a higher ranked player could move it to the correct section?

ISSUE:

Deleting posts & topics.
That is bad.
However, there is something you could do to be just effective as that.
"Hiding" Topics and posts.
How would this work?
If a thread or a post is not appropriate, an enough ranked player could Lock it up & hide the inappropriate message, or even the whole Topic, if the title is inappropriate too.
This way, the other higher ranked players could still look at the post/threads themselfs. (Generals)
Plus, others would know that the person posted there.
It would still count as a post, just as a hidden one.

If the post would be hidden, it would say: "This comment was hidden". If the topic would be hidden, it would say: "This topic was hidden".

SUGGESTION:

Making new parts of this Forums!
Like:

1. Compliments (to thank to someone/something that you like about BZFlag) ;)
2. Rants (To tell a problem which you do not like. Focus more on problems that solutions here)
3. Forum Games (Different games!)
Like: post 10 comments before a "General" posts!
The player must not post twice in a row!

Example:
Player 1: 1
Player 2: 2
Player 1: 3
Player 3: 4
General: 0!
Player 1: 1

And so on. ;)

So, what do you think?

Cheers,
Fang. :D
Marshall... yes, I am!
Linux - Fedora 16 Power!
blast
General
General

Re: Question, Suggestion & Issue.

Post by blast »

I think you need to go hang out on Facebook instead of the BZFlag forums. Go play angry birds, or something.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slime »

To answer your first question..yes, forum administrators can move topics from one section of the forums to another.

As for adding new parts to the forums..there's really not much sense since the forums aren't very active anymore. If you want to compliment someone, send them a private message or tell them in-game.
ChaoticFangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ChaoticFangUp »

Thank-you, slime.

To you blast... hope you feel proud of yourself right now.
And you are right, I will probably rather just play BZFlag as a game & visit only the 3rd biggest Forums on the Internet where people respect me, unlike here.

Cheers.
Marshall... yes, I am!
Linux - Fedora 16 Power!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Respect is earned.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

You have respect on the My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Forums.. Awesome!
ImageJeffM
ChaoticFangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ChaoticFangUp »

Hmm... I began too see what kind of people are here, hehe.
Clearly Flamind everyone they see and deleting all the posts! :)

Nice, they get angry and ban.
What do you think I think about you, eh?
Maybe for a change you were not perfect...

Seems you do keep this Forums at the most serious level & keep making fun of others.
Nice job.

No wonder this game fell apart...

Hope you will one day realize that You are doing something off, not me, or anyone else that left.
Marshall... yes, I am!
Linux - Fedora 16 Power!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Actually there was a database error and we had to do a rollback.(Edit, tho it seems I am told there were some posts of yours removed that were specifically against the board rules)

You will get respect back from the community based on what you put into it, so far you seem to be acting just like you did last time you were here so.....
ImageJeffM
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

ChaoticFangUp wrote:Clearly Flamind everyone they see and deleting all the posts!
Posts on old threads that add nothing to the discussion and posts that do not conform to the forums stated policies and rules do get deleted. And yes, I do delete many of yours for those reasons.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
ChaoticFangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ChaoticFangUp »

Hmm, looks like you just Highlighted a part of my post and answered only the half.
Okay, delete the post that should not be there, warn me, act, but please, do not make fun of me.
Marshall... yes, I am!
Linux - Fedora 16 Power!
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Perhaps if you respected everyone else on the forums they would give you a little respect. Just a little. Life's rough, people get made fun of. Don't smart off and they won't make fun of you. So far I haven't seen one post from you that is beneficial to anyone.
ChaoticFangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ChaoticFangUp »

Hmm?
Well, as from what I see, I get and give much more respect to and from the people In-Game!
I'll just stay there.
Once again, I do not want to ge any deeper into this discussion.

Please, Lock this Topic up if possible.
Marshall... yes, I am!
Linux - Fedora 16 Power!
ryanfesta
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ryanfesta »

What he's saying is true; a lot of people (especially high ranked people) are very rude and inconsiderate on these forums. This is definitely a serious problem (it is also one that annoys me A LOT). As for the original question, etc.: I don't think there is a very good reason to do any this. You said it yourself: the game is retiring. No use in making forums of an old game even worse.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

cdogg9200 wrote:What he's saying is true; a lot of people (especially high ranked people) are very rude and inconsiderate on these forums. This is definitely a serious problem (it is also one that annoys me A LOT). As for the original question, etc.: I don't think there is a very good reason to do any this. You said it yourself: the game is retiring. No use in making forums of an old game even worse.
The "high ranked people" are the ones that get to deal with all the "fun" situations. You're only seeing a small part of what goes on, so it'd be best to not make judgements based on just that.

ChaoticFangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ChaoticFangUp »

blast, blast, blast.

To tell you this and calm you down, you are not one of them (or at least only a VERY little).
However, I do not mind if you just say down the Facts on how it is and you are proud of yourself because of it, but some higher-ups truly do come in groups and pick on someone. (Including some "wannabe" ranked persons, kissing your feet).
And I am not looking at a small picture here, I am looking it fully - the comments.

OK, I get it, you are not for smileys, that is very good, we need serious people.
OK, I get it, you do not want to be smarted out, which you are mostly correct.
But please, do not push you powers.
Again, this does not go for you specificly, you are quite cool.

I am talking about the impression on the "customers".
And please, if you disagree, do not post comments like "you are not looking at the full picture", but tell me in the face: "We, higher-ups, are treating other players here, at the BZFlag Forums respectfully".

And no, I am not the only one that thinks so.
I am only the one that is not affraid to say it, already got a ban partly because of that.
What I have learnt is that this are serious Forums (not for fun) and that I should post only when really needed, which I try to keep to it now.

But really... HOW you tell/write something already does 50% effect to people receiving it, no matter how good the source of the message is.
Keep that in mind!!!

Thank-you very much.

Cheery,
FangUp.
Marshall... yes, I am!
Linux - Fedora 16 Power!
mahem1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mahem1 »

FangUp, Please stop taking everything so personally. People with power are always going to abuse it. Why are the higher-ups being 'rude'? Because they can. Don't get offended by it , ignore it. We are not here to be politically correct, and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
And yes, this is a serious forums, and if you can't handled that, then that isn't our fault. So when you suggest forum games expect some 'rude' responses.
When I read that suggestion I laughed too.

But obviously you like verbal-abuse from people, else you would have ended this topic with, "Thank-you slime.", and not another attack....
Lag makes me miss all of the good stuff.
And random bans..........