Spam

Improvements, Problems, or Questions on the Forum format or software go here ( not about the game )
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Spam

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but to cut down on spam, how bout we use a filter to get rid of words we don't need on the forum (nude, other non-bzflag things that are inapropriate...etc...) This way, any post with those words or links in them will not be able to be posted. Is this even possible?
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

The update of the forums that happened yesterday (Fri, Dec 8th, 2006) should go a long way to cutting down on the spam. Some words would be obvious, but how about N U D E, n_u_d_e, nu_de, nud_e, nud3,... I think you get the idea :p
knoxkorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Spam

Post by knoxkorner »

A Vicious Muffin wrote:I don't know if this has been suggested before, but to cut down on spam, how bout we use a filter to get rid of words we don't need on the forum (nude, other non-bzflag things that are inapropriate...etc...) This way, any post with those words or links in them will not be able to be posted. Is this even possible?
This is where i come in LOL :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old:
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Re: Spam

Post by Winny »

anti-spam wrote:
A Vicious Muffin wrote:I don't know if this has been suggested before, but to cut down on spam, how bout we use a filter to get rid of words we don't need on the forum (nude, other non-bzflag things that are inapropriate...etc...) This way, any post with those words or links in them will not be able to be posted. Is this even possible?
This is where i come in LOL :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old:
Your part pf the problem, not the solution.