Activity

FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Activity

Post by FangUp »

This Forum as gameplay of 1vs1 league is not active at all... is there anyone here i can battle 1vs1? please comment here!
To be or not to be. - W. Shakespeare
To bee or not to bee? I sure love Honee! - FangUp
Playing since 2005, with an unregistered nickname.
blast
General
General

Re: Activity

Post by blast »

From what I heard, the 1vs1 servers are still on BZFlag 2.0 since they had plugins that need to be updated. Didn't sound like there was any league activity.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

Well as long as i can see not one site went down, but almost all are unactive....
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I never said they were down. I said that they hadn't been upgraded, as in, to BZFlag 2.4.x, the current stable version.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

FangUp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by FangUp »

And i did not say that you said that they are down (: We both said they are not down lol. And plus i think they really do not need an upgrade as there are not many players playing them....
strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by strayer »

1vs1 League admins didn't expect BZFlag's 2.0.x successor before 2012. As a result there it wasn't planned to spend any development time in 2011. Unfortunately, the players changed to 2.4.x and forgot about 2.0.x...very untypical for BZFlag-conditions... :)

Seriously, the plug-in (and lack of time) is the reason for the server update delay. You'll either see 2.4.x 1vs1 servers within the next months or the league will officially close its doors.
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)
catay
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by catay »

Upgrading the plugin was the easy part and was done already a few months ago. The problem we faced was that the plugin didn't work anymore after the upgrade. I finally found time to look into this and the cause is regressions in bzflag 2.4.x itself and not the plugin. A lot of code was changed in the BZFlag API that was responsible for http (the curl manager stuff in 2.0.x) communication and contains some bugs.
Most of those issues are fixed now and I'm working now on getting the servers back online. Two 1vs1 hix servers are already up&running.
I'll also commit the fixes to bzflag trunk in the next week.

Sorry this took so long ... would be a pitty if this league died because of it.