CTF 1v1 idea

g4force
Private First Class
Private First Class

CTF 1v1 idea

Post by g4force »

the other day I saw some people decided to play a one verses one on a HIX server using time as the goal instead of the usual 1vs1 goal of points. I tried it out and it was actually pretty fun, I thought it could be something brought to BZflag.

we had the timer set to 15 minutes. (also has been played with 10 mins)

to make it clear the goal of the game is CTF and it is 1vs1 on a HIX server (could be different)

just some thoughts!
mr64bit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: CTF 1v1 idea

Post by mr64bit »

I've done that before, and it's quite fun! The random spawn positions are interesting too. Say your opponent just killed you, and has your flag. Sometimes you respawn the the furthest corner, with no hope of preventing the capture. Other times, you respawn between him and his base, letting you fight for you flag again!
---mr64bit
jh^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jh^ »

Why not make it leagal to play 1vs1 matches with league teams as in offi match, could pop up activity too. And yep i have tried hix ctf 1vs1 it is fun. Imagine a pro vs. 2 noobs, 2vs1 could be fun to watch:P. Or 2 pros playing each other 20 or 15 min 1vs1 ctf match.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

I support the idea.
retired
strayer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by strayer »

Hm, sounds more like an idea for GU League to me. Especially when I check the differences of the idea and the both leagues (GU and 1vs1) it seeems much more to be just a slightly modified GU thingy.

GU League
+ HIX
+ CTF
+ timed
- one vs one

1vs1 League
+ HIX
+ one vs. one
- CTF
- timed
A pessimist is an optimist with experience... ;o)