ZELO

slime
Private First Class
Private First Class

ZELO

Post by slime »

I know this probably doesn't even matter anymore as the 1vs1 league isn't active whatsoever anymore but...

I still can't believe ZELO (the formula used to rank players in the 1vs1 league) was completely removed. I'd get it if it was to switch to a new rating system. I'd even get it if players wanted to "reset" the ratings to get a more accurate representation of the ratings for active players. But to remove it altogether? There is now ZERO incentive to be a member in and play in this league. The whole idea of the league was to play matches to hopefully raise your rating. It gave players a sense of where they stood in the league compared to others. I mean, it's the equivalent of completely removing the ratings for teams in the GU and Ducati leagues. What would be the point of playing an "official" match if that happened?

The 1vs1 League is currently dead. One can argue it's because BZFlag as a whole is dying, and that's certainly part of it. But even if BZFlag was thriving, no one would join or play in this league anymore. A league is for competing against others, and there is now no incentive for competition whatsoever.

Thanks for ruining a great league with a great history.

/rant
osta
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: ZELO

Post by osta »

+1
(or more like +0.8, but still agree with the main thesis ;-)
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: ZELO

Post by kierra »

Zelo scores are back.

Zelo was removed from visibility for short time only as strayer was contemplating working on it, etc. Nevertheless, internally the ZELO/SELO score/s still existed and was used for the Hix Double Challenge in March.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."