Consolidation

Discussion for Leagues United players
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Consolidation

Post by kierra »

forums need a LIKE button.....because there is a lot of truth to what fig said!!!

Decisions about name, bans, etc can come after the launch by input from those involved in the new league.....makes sense to me.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
dauphin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dauphin »

kajo wrote:Agree with the idea of adding 1-2 new maps to the map range, it's refreshing and might add an extra incentive for players to give the new league a chance. Not sure if adding the duc style later or from the beginning in the map rotation would make any difference concerning the amount of players that actually play the duc maps. I'd still give it a go anyway.

Agreed! Perhaps there will be new players who will be interested in maps such as duc. What if they start to play ducati first to learn the basis of the game? I'm not saying they have to play ducati only at start, but some players could be the 'trainers' and teach them on duc first, then once the new players understand how to play, they would start to play GU and the other new maps more often.
Facilis Descensus Averni.

ladeda, ladedo, sing a song for you
Moto Unit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Moto Unit »

Thanks Kierra, looking forward to the opportunity to assist in anyway I can.
kierra wrote:
  1. Calculating match points: duc & gu do it differently. Also match length differences: 15, 20, 30 vs 20, 30.
  2. Rules: review and maybe revise/update
  3. Admin/cops: duc has server admins, gu: server admins & cops
  4. Current bans: shall they carry over
  5. GU also has a spawn only group (can spawn & play but cannot talk on match servers) Sanctified and Latin Heat are currently in this group
We'll take each point one by one and reach a decision before moving onto the next.
I see a player poll for the additional maps offered besides hix & ducati. Also player input on what to call this new league.

Thank you so much for your valuable input!
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

To all: This consolidation effort will come about because of the input and hard work of many - and there are too many to mention by name.

It is a collaborative effort, no one person made it come about nor did one person do all the work - though I applaud the bzion coders for their perseverance and forward thinking.
So kudos to all posting here and working behind the scenes.
Thank you, players for your part in this!!!!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
styx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by styx »

kierra wrote:forums need a LIKE button.....because there is a lot of truth to what fig said!!!

Decisions about name, bans, etc can come after the launch by input from those involved in the new league.....makes sense to me.
+1 on this, kierra.
"A fool and his money are soon elected" -- Will Rogers