In order to move forward with a new league in a timely manner and remaining civil, here are a few expectations that will be required that you follow.
Current Committee Members
- Frank the Tank
- moto unit
- quantum dot
- Deadlines - Unless otherwise stated, all deadlines will be final when they are declared. Anyone can declare a deadline if one has not already been set but be respectful, all deadlines must have a minimum of a 10 days in order to give other committee members enough time to respond and discuss. If a committee member has not responded by the deadline, their opinion will go ignored since it is evident they are not active enough to contribute to discussions.
- Responses - All committee remembers are required to respond with their opinions to all discussions. If committee members agree with something that was already been said, press the "Quote" button for that response and state that you are in agreement with that idea; by doing this other committee will be able to get a clear picture of where people stand with a decision and we will be able to tally up the amount players in agreement or disagreement. If committee members are not actively replying to discussions, they will removed from the committee.
- Discussions are meant for several committee members to discuss a topic. Do not start a "<your callsign here> variety hour" by responding to everyone's post and arguing your point as this achieves nothing. Once you have lobbied your opinion, refrain from arguing for your point again. You should only clarify on your argument if another member asks for clarification.
- All decisions will be finalized through majority rule
- Even though there 30+ committee members, if only 5 members respond, then 3 will be defined as the majority and that will be decision that's carried forward. This is why responses, even if in agreement, are important.
- Organization - Keep all of the posts organized by keeping things on topic. For example, do not ask about possible league names on a thread that is discussing whether bans should be carried over or not. These posts may be moved to the appropriate thread or they will simply be removed.
The administration for the new league will be decided based on the contributions, BZFlag activity, and the amount of activity a committee member has shown in this league merger project. This means that even if you are part of the GU League Council or are an admin for GU or Duc, it does not guarantee you will remain a part of the administration for the new league. It wouldn't be fair for someone who hasn't contributed to discussions at all to automatically be put on the administration.
The new league council will be restricted to a small number of people (to be determined) in order to make future decisions quickly and efficiently without having to wait for the other 10 inactive council members to respond. Positions on the new league council will be based on nominations in addition to what was stated in the previous paragraph.
** This post may be updated with new expectations or clarifications. I will post a response whenever there are updates to this thread so you will be able to see the updates.