Leagues United has Arrived

Discussion for Leagues United players
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Leagues United has Arrived

Post by allejo »

On behalf of the "lazy admins who don't do anything," it is my pleasure to officially announce the launch of Leagues United. Yes, you read right we are planning for February 21st!

So here's what's going to happen! It's going to be slightly messy but we're trying to make things go smoothly. On February 17th, we will freeze both GU and Duc leagues while we begin our migration and merging of data for Leagues United. You will no longer be able to log in into either league site, create/leave teams, or send messages. Matches may still occur after the leagues are frozen and they will be handled appropriately once Leagues United officially launches. Official league servers will be appearing on the server list this week.

Teams

All teams, current and deleted, will be imported from the old sites. Where there are teams in both leagues with the same name, (Ducati) and (GU) will be appended to each respective team name to resolve the conflict. Team avatars will be added at the top of the profile text, just like player profiles. Team profile text will be imported and converted to markdown (again, there may be some issues and/or bad formatting that will need to be corrected). As stated above, team ratings are not correct right now due to incomplete features.

Team Memberships

Players will only be able to retain membership of one team. Prior to the final site going live, players are strongly encouraged to explicitly choose the team they wish to remain on by leaving their team in the other league (not now, but prior to the site going live). The remaining players with memberships in both leagues will be assigned to whichever team was created first. After this shuffling, teams with no members left will be set to deleted. If a team leader was removed from a team due to a membership in the other league, the new team leader will be set to the member with the lowest BZID.

Tell your friends about this and spread the word! Because Leagues United is coming!
macsforme
General
General

Re: Leagues United has Arrived

Post by macsforme »

allejo wrote: Prior to the final site going live, players are strongly encouraged to explicitly choose the team they wish to remain on by leaving their team in the other league (not now, but prior to the site going live).
This needs to be emphasized. If you are on both a Ducati team and a GU team, you will be assigned to one or the other and you may not like the automatic assignment. We are trying to make it so you will also have an invitation back to your other team if you are in this situation, but please try to make sure you are only one one team by February 17.
indy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by indy »

Stoked!

I just simply deleted my TRON team from the Ducati league so it is now only in GU as that has all the players on it as well.

Let the games begin!
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

[redacted]
Last edited by Zehra on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

[redacted]
Last edited by Zehra on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Flak 18 wrote:Oh I forgot one thing.
Will the email from both leagues be archived?
If you mean the messages, yes they are being converted and will be available through the new website.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

[redacted]
Last edited by Zehra on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Latest 101 thread
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

Flak 18 wrote:Also who is going to host the Leagues United site?
Is the hosting commercial or by a bzflag user?
blast
Flak 18 wrote:And is seems that the site is not online yet.?.?
check now
Flak 18 wrote:Also are we going on an SEO campaign to improve the sites rank?
If so I would like to help on it.
no campaign. site's code is here, feel free to better the HTML for SEO.
Flak 18 wrote:Is our site data encrypted?
probably not. so don't send your credit card info through our messages and don't believe that you're related to a Nigerian prince!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

There would be the possibility for HTTPS. However, I'd need to make sure that systems without SNI (Windows XP systems using the built-in SChannel, which both IE and BZFlag use) will default to the main *.bzflag.org certificate. Allowing the game to work at all on Windows XP is more important than having HTTPS for the league site.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

[redacted]
Last edited by Zehra on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Latest 101 thread
Moto Unit
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Moto Unit »

Good Day All! I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved in making Leagues United come to life. It has been a long haul with many "bumps" in the road, but the hard work and dedication of all of you folks has paid off with this opportunity for the game we know and love to not only stay healthy and viable but to mature and grow. I hesitate to name particular names not because those of you who are deserving of recognition shouldn't receive it but rather because I would feel terrible at omitting someone accidentally and this was truly a team effort to make this a reality. Just know that you have my deep appreciation for all of your efforts in this endeavor. I hope that all of the players out there take a minute to thank these folks and appreciate that no one receives any money or personal gain for doing these things and providing you with the many hours, over many years, of fun and on-line gaming for the love of the game and meeting new people, as well as making new and hopefully lasting friendships. Just my two cents:)
leviathan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by leviathan »

Looks great so far! Simple website, clean structures, good old fun.
Thanks "lazy admins" ;)

Hope to be more active again, so see you soon!
levi