Ducati Mini Map

Discussion for Leagues United players
macsforme
General
General

Ducati Mini Map

Post by macsforme »

Who is in favor of a ducati mini map? I just played a 2vs2 offi on the full size ducati map, and it was rather boring to spend so much time driving to where the action was with so few people.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Ducati Mini Map

Post by Zehra »

[redacted]
Last edited by Zehra on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by click click boom »

Not my preference but I am not against adding another map to the rotation, it doesn't hurt to add something if people will use it. I feel in the mini map since the blocks are closer the ricos come in a lot faster and not a fan of the radar zoom similar to the 1v1 Ducati.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Flak 18 wrote:I would be in favor of having a Ducati mini map.
Also would be nice to have one that's allows bots.(it could help some of our users practice while waiting for a match.)
(Sometimes there's no-one there and it would be nice to have a little match while I wait.)

p.s. also a mini-hix map would be a nice idea to try out along with a ducati mini map.
If you want bots, run a local non-public server.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Exuro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Exuro »

Is this meant as another official map? Or a try-out for FMs?
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by quantum dot »

Exuro wrote:Is this meant as another official map? Or a try-out for FMs?
It is meant to be official for those who want to make the choice. It is specially relevant for small 2 vs 2 matches. Large maps full of blocks can become boring and frustrating once you are one flag down, you spawn so far away from flags than there is very little chances to cut the path of the flag carrier. Mini-duc gives some more life to the the battle and makes more difficult to camp and defend your advantage since next respawn is almost at fire distance from you. As far as I remember DUC had mini-maps also.
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
Exuro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Exuro »

The superiority of miniDUC for small ducati matches is known and one of the favorite maps played on ApplePie servers. It would make perfect sense to add it. But miniDUC is not just a smaller variant of ducati, it is a new map because one has to play it very differently.

The underlying question is a deeper one though:

# How do we decide which maps are added - or removed? The more maps there are, the more difficult it becomes to settle for a map to play.
# Who decides whether we add another map? Do we vote? How many players need to be in favor?
# Who will made such decisions (LU council, LU Admins,..) and how will players be involved?

And this goes further than just about adding maps. We just had a big discussion about removing the "acceleration limit" on ducati maps.
There are already other questions and suggestions which will shape how leagues united will look and whether there will be a future.

Maybe this time we don't have to deal with the same mistakes as in GU/ Ducati and can have a framework for how such decisions will be made.
In a transparent way, while including the playerbase.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

The decision will be made the same as always... there is a player discussion on it, then the leading admins will gauge player support for the issue, discuss it and make a final decision. This is the player discussion part, so feel free to state your support or opposition.
alfa1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by alfa1 »

I am not against, tho I don't like minis in general; they are too demanding: action all the time, you can't think, etc. Seems a good idea for 2vs2 matches; but, also, depending on tastes. I would try it this way. jadespacy (Pie servers) answered me once that if we had a 4s match, then, that would be worth it to switch to a normal size.

They are 60% of the size of normal maps, right?
Last edited by alfa1 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

A mini ducati (world size: 600) has been added as an option! The max player limit for this map is 3v3 (this is subject to change).
Last edited by allejo on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

[redacted]
Last edited by Zehra on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
hj
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hj »

Exuro wrote:# How do we decide which maps are added - or removed? The more maps there are, the more difficult it becomes to settle for a map to play.
# Who decides whether we add another map? Do we vote? How many players need to be in favor?
# Who will made such decisions (LU council, LU Admins,..) and how will players be involved?
Right now, anyone can bring up any suggestions/changes in this forum. Final decisions will be made by the council, but if the overwhelming majority of players think one way and the council thinks another, I'd like to think we'd follow the will of the people rather than our own egos.
Flak 18 wrote:The next question that remains is do we have a HiX mini map.
HiX has a rather high density of blocks/obstacles and you can pass the flag to the center of the map, so I don't think this is quite as necessary.
-hj
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

[redacted]
Last edited by Zehra on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Latest 101 thread
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Flak 18 wrote:The next question we're going to have to ask ourselves is are we going to have more maps for LU.(which ones would be added to LU as official?)
If we do have more, where do we stop? Do we make a limit here and say no more maps are going to be added to LU?
Could someone shed some light on the subject?
I don't see that as the next question we have to ask ourselves.
I don't see a *pressing* need to establish a firm stance on the maps. Why paint ourselves in a box at this point and say 'no more maps'?
I would think that logic dictates that maps would be added depending on popularity among players....too early to say atm. And certainly not going to set a limit at this point in time.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Bullet Catcher
Captain
Captain

Post by Bullet Catcher »

Flak 18 wrote:If we do have more, where do we stop? Do we make a limit here and say no more maps are going to be added to LU/
It's over 9000.
Snake12534
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Snake12534 »

@Flak 18

Mini HiX has already been made.
We did a noteworthy amount of FMs there when it did last.

Unfortunately, the file for the map was deleted when my old laptop died.
It could be somewhere in BZAddict's database, but I doubt it.
retired
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

That's why It's good to backup files.
A map archive may be a good idea so we don't lose maps anymore.

Latest 101 thread