consolidation of teams 2.0

Discussion for Leagues United players
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: consolidation of teams 2.0

Post by kierra »

Monster wrote:"Elo's will be effected, since the team of 3 randoms won their elo will rise
Not only does their elo rise but they earn points for their respective clans."
And that is exactly what should not happen. Players should not be able to gain points for their teams without playing with their teammates as it reduces team membership to absurdity. I think llrrs idea alone is a very good one and tweaking it in this manner does not help but dilute it's intentions.
I totally agree with Monster. I don't want my matching outside my clan to affect my clan's standing. A clan is just that, mates playing together and that is what should affect clan standings!
Mixed officials should only affect personal elo!
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

I totally agree with Monster. I don't want my matching outside my clan to affect my clan's standing. A clan is just that, mates playing together and that is what should affect clan standings!
Mixed officials should only affect personal elo!
I think you only agree with half of what I was trying to say as I do want BC vs individuals to result in points for all individuals and for BC but not for the teams of the individuals
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by click click boom »

Monster: the individuals aren't being rewarded like the clan is with points, it's a fair way to balance official matches. The only team in that official that would win their max points would be the team with both clan mates on it. If we are focusing on just a player elo which is solo based why not allow matching for your team solo based? Or make the rule that you can't match individual vs individual but only clan vs indivisible.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

Monster wrote: I think you only agree with half of what I was trying to say as I do want BC vs individuals to result in points for all individuals and for BC but not for the teams of the individuals
In the above statement, BC is matching as a team....and I'm fine with BC gaining or losing points as a team effort in a mixed offi match.

I still agree with your statement in: "I totally agree with Monster. I don't want my matching outside my clan to affect my clan's standing.
A clan is just that, mates playing together and that is what should affect clan standings! Mixed officials should only affect personal elo!

By mixed officials I mean just that....not a clan matching a mixed group of players.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

@ccb: I think allowing all scenarios to generate points either for team or individual ranking in the way I suggested will have the greatest impact. I don't like the idea that the performance of mixed individuals has even a slight impact on their teams rankings for the reasons both kierra and miro brought up.

@kierra: ok, just wanted to clarify.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

@monster your other post said you agree and like the idea but this post you don't
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

Uh, I tried to be concise and in my head I am ;)
I'm in favor of team vs individuals results in points for individual rankings for all players and in points for the team, not for the teams of the mixed players.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Problem is monster, when bad
Company has miro, monster, chris and zaa online there is nearly no team that can match up skill wise or activity wise with that lineup.. now if llrr and myself are online we could 2v2 offi and then 2 players from bad company sit out and watch. Or we allow 2 randoms into the official match and can have a large competitive official match with all players partaking.
Monster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Monster »

ccb: I agree that in the scenario you created not allowing individuals to gain points for their teams may result in a smaller match. But llrr and you could as easily add one or more individuals to your mix and match the three/four of us. It does not matter which idea we implement one can always create scenarios taht would benefit from the other version of the idea. I thnk that without allowing individuals to earn points for their teams the team ranking retains more relevance and that is worth the few smaller matches that might occur in the scenario you described.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Monster: theoretically we could add someone for a 4v4 sure but we would be the only team to match up vs you. You don't want to play just 1 team always and nor do i.