Swearing

Discussion for Leagues United players
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Swearing

Post by click click boom »

viewtopic.php?f=103&t=19161&p=171440&hi ... ng#p171440

I posted this sometime back and some were for it but not many. It seems maybe more interest might be for it now. Styx has been banned for swearing. I don't need to hear the same song and dance server owners have their rules. So I am asking if Allejo could host another server or change one of his servers to allow swearing. If this isn't something that interests him I could set up a server allowing swearing. We simply would advertise on the list that it's an adult server.
quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Swearing

Post by quantum dot »

The answer to your question is clear and straight: no.
Don't let school interfere with your education.
Mark Twain
allejo
Breaker of Builds
Breaker of Builds

Post by allejo »

tl;dr: Feel free to use profanity as long as you're on my public (non-league affiliated) servers and are behaving. Keep the profanity away from my league servers as per league rules.

---

Language on my public servers is generally tolerated as long as it's not excessive or harassment (and not on my family friendly servers). I have a few variations of HiX on bzflag.allejo.io:5170-5172? They're public, so you have more freedom there. The no language rule is a rule of the league and I will not be hosting a league server that allows players to break league rules; it'd be an unsanctioned league server, so to speak. There are several servers out there that allow for profanity (e.g. MoFo) and there's often an excess.

I do not speak on behalf of the council but unless there's an overwhelming support to allow for profanity in the league, I don't see the rule changing.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Qd: why can't I host my own leagues united adult server? Why is the answer a direct no? If someone doesn't want to hear that kind of language one would simply not join it if they didn't want their virgin ears hurt.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

I'll be more than welcome to start a poll and get some feedback. Leaguesunited success is directly related to the players, so if the players want it who cares. I'll update everyone in a week. And if a admin doesn't want to accept what the majority wants than that person should step down and not let what one wants ruin it for everyone else. Out with the old and in with the new.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Because matches will only be counted on officially sanctioned servers. You've already got your answer as well.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)