Rikers Cup with a twist

Discussion for Leagues United players
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Rikers Cup with a twist

Post by click click boom »

Hello folks,

I was thinking about a Rikers Cup, the activity in the league appears to be up greatly and the summer is around the corner.
I was thinking a 15v15 or a 20v20.
If a larger map is needed we can do that.
What I want to change this time around is anyone who signs up will be drafted.
This will allow us to include all the new players and it would allow us to teach them teamwork.
There will be 2 captains just like every other Rikers Cup and the best players will be picked first, or how ever that captain chose to draft their team.
I had this idea about a year ago and never threw it together, I proposed this idea to Kierra and she said she has thought of this as well lately.
Curious to hear inputs!

-CCB
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Rikers Cup with a twist

Post by kierra »

I spoke to llrr about a similar tourney, but not call it Rikers.
Rikers is the best of North America vs the best of Europe. It has a rich history of fun, challenging matches watching the skilled players of gu battle it out in 2-3 30 min matches.

I recommend calling it something else (that is what llrr & I had planned.)
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

that is fine, when i spoke to etigah he said they called it all stars which i found that all stars should be the "best of the best" and to me rikers seemed more like a anniversary tournament that we could include all although it hasn't been that in the past. it has been the best of the best.. What ever we call it is the least of my worries.. but the idea behind is is the most important part. Eti said they tried this about 1.5 years ago and had a 10v10 i think right now we could do much better than that..
llrr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by llrr »

I proposed that we showcase the maps in LU, so I was thinking of 30mins matches each of hix, duc, and pb. We could also do babel, dupi, and the new pass the flag map for some serious chaos :) Otherwise I like the idea, especially that we can include as many of the new players as possible irrespective of skill level. Large numbers are alot of fun so it's demoralizing if only skillful players are picked to play. We want to show that anyone can have a ton of fun in the league :)
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

I was thinking a best of 3 of hix or a hix and babel best of 3.. I think playing all the map rotations are kind of silly. Hix is def the most liked map among the many so if we can teach some new players on a map they mostly play would have a huge benefit. I for one wouldn't play in all the map rotations if that was to be I would stick to the hix and Ducati. But that's just me though. I am all for an all inclusive but an all stars would be sweet at a later time.
llrr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by llrr »

I think it's difficult to say, there are quite a few players who like duc and pb, all the non jumping maps..
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Playing all maps isn't that big of a deal just time consuming so your first 2 maps will be the
Most played.
kierra
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by kierra »

click click boom wrote:I was thinking a best of 3 of hix or a hix and babel best of 3.
you could if you want to attract only those players who like jumping maps

To attract the most players, you should offer a combination of hix, duc, (& 1 other pb, dupi, or babel)
There are players that don't like hix and those that don't like ducati.

If you're wise, you'll organize this for a broad appeal to all players and not just fixate on jumping maps.
"Sometimes people try to expose what's wrong with you, because they can't handle what's right about you."
"Measure your words -- they determine the distance of your relationships"
"If serving is beneath you, leadership is beyond ypu."
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

i dont think this has to do with being wise or not, but if i looked back at the last 100 matches i bet 90% of those matches were hix. The players definitely prefer that map. But as I said i am not against playing all maps i would just have the most popular maps played first so those who want to leave can do so. I for one don't have 2 hours to play a bunch of maps unfortunately, and I am not sure how many do.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hix has been played 74% of the time of all matches.

babel 104

ducati 11,138

dupi 32

HIX--- 32959

pass the flag 3

pillbox 40

Total Matches 44,276