2.96 yv**
2.93 janis
2.91 silysir
2.90 qd
2.88 legend
2.73 ccb
2.70 firing
2.69 indy

NOTE: ** represents not being on both lists.

I decided to throw this together took a little bit of time, sorry if i missed you. I tried to put the top players of each category on the lists. As you notice a player like llrr who has a high rate of capture but with a low win %. In his case he plays with a lot of newer players so his win% is lower.

Shuist is a good player not taking nothing away from him but I do notice the time zone he plays on has a lot of "newer, or less skilled players" on during his time zone so his win% is considerably higher.

I picked these 2 players to explain their numbers because I know they can handle it, but if you can tell by looking at the list some players have a higher win % that they shouldn't have because they play with a stronger player while being less skilled. I don't want to mention names as some might take offense to it.

And then we have a player like Etigah, I think he is one of the better attackers in the league but passes the flag a lot so his capture rate isn't even in the top 10.

I just wanted to show this as Win% and Capture % is a fairly decent way how to rank someone but it sure isn't perfect. So if this is how elo is going to be conducted I would suggest adding some more ways to evaluate talent.

Enjoy,
CCB
miro
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Stats

Post by miro »

Nice work ccb by writing down these stats but correct me if I'm wrong, don't this stats also include cap and win % from FMs? If so I'm not sure if that can rank players accurately with 2ins and other variations a fm can have. I think only offis should be tracked.
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by click click boom »

That's correct miro , fms are tracked and more times than not a 2in sways the evenness of a match. That can also contribute to these win% at times.
llrr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by llrr »

Yeah tbh i don't understand why.. the number of matches stat should be based off all the matches, fm and offis, but the win ratio should only be based off offis. Then again, it doesn't actually matter right now because these stats aren't used for anything yet. I definitely think that including FMs could be all over the place as uneven teams, lack of attention, trying less, taking more risks etc. can make you lose a match easily.

Also, the cap rate is the team cap rate. Having a higher team cap rate just means your team captures more per match than other teams. It doesn't represent how often you capture flags yourself. (Also my team cap rate is only 2.44 :P)
click click boom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by click click boom »

llrr wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:15 am Yeah tbh i don't understand why.. the number of matches stat should be based off all the matches, fm and offis, but the win ratio should only be based off offis. Then again, it doesn't actually matter right now because these stats aren't used for anything yet. I definitely think that including FMs could be all over the place as uneven teams, lack of attention, trying less, taking more risks etc. can make you lose a match easily.

Also, the cap rate is the team cap rate. Having a higher team cap rate just means your team captures more per match than other teams. It doesn't represent how often you capture flags yourself. (Also my team cap rate is only 2.44 :P)
Leader of Zenith Grace |ZG|
Joined on October 31, 2008
Last seen 4 hours ago
Matches played: 186
Win ratio: 42%
Team caps per match: 2.44
Activity: 3.31 matches per day