Keyboard/Mouse Not Working Mint 21

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
coffey67
Private First Class
Private First Class

Keyboard/Mouse Not Working Mint 21

Post by coffey67 »

I tried to play BZF for the first time since upgrading to Mint 21. The initial screen comes up but will not accept input from the mouse or keyboard. I tried other games in full screen mode and they work. I tried running BZF in a window with the same result. Any help appreciated!
blast
General
General

Re: Keyboard/Mouse Not Working Mint 21

Post by blast »

Use our snapcraft or flatpak version of the game instead, or compile from source. The version of SDL2 in the latest Ubuntu (and therefore Mint) breaks BZFlag versions older than 2.4.24.

There is a bug report for Ubuntu, but it hasn't seen any activity since August 10th.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1983751
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

coffey67
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by coffey67 »

Ok, so I installed from flatpak and it is working but I cannot select any maps except random map. I have all of them in the right location.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The flatpak version is sandboxed and stores the .bzf directory at $HOME/.var/app/org.bzflag.BZFlag/.bzf/
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

coffey67
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by coffey67 »

Thanks Blast!