Strange interaction

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
matelich
Private First Class
Private First Class

Strange interaction

Post by matelich »

A coworker of mine has a very odd side effect recently from playing BZFlag (we're currently using 2.0.4, server linux, client Windows XP). After playing BZ, he can no longer access Outlook or any of our network shares that are authenticated on the company domain, he can't even access Outlook Web Access from his other windows box. This lasts for around an hour.

Any ideas? IT kinda forgot about him once the BZ connection was discovered, and since playing at work isn't necessarily encouraged, we're not going to bring it up.

He's not logged into the domain, just accesses it.

Oh one other thing. I can't verify the exact timeline, but the problem may have appeared in conjunction with IT deploying SMS.

Thanks
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You could try doing a Repair operation on the network device after you play and see if that clears it up.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Call Desktop Support, from what I saw at my work experience in an IT department this week, they've probably been playing bz with you for months.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007