Severe Lag due to Black Background on Menu

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Fistycuffer
Private
Private

Severe Lag due to Black Background on Menu

Post by Fistycuffer »

I'm really sorry, but is there a way to shut off that black-pixel background in the menu? It lags my game something terrible, and when I die, it comes back again and lags so much I get kicked sometimes.

Is there a way to disable it? Thanks. :wink:

Edit: Good lord, I can't believe I registered in 2005 and forgot about this account before. :(
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Try adjusting the Quality setting in the Graphics settings. Someone was having the same issue when it was set to "Low" or "Medium", but was fine at "High".
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Fistycuffer
Private
Private

Post by Fistycuffer »

blast wrote:Try adjusting the Quality setting in the Graphics settings. Someone was having the same issue when it was set to "Low" or "Medium", but was fine at "High".
I will try that, thank you. I'll edit this post to say if it worked or not. :)

Edit: Put it on Experimental, runs like a charm. Just in case, I set it to high, and it still runs amazingly. Thank you very much. :wink:
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

many newer cards are not optimized for the lower quality texture modes used in the settings other then high, and they run like crap.
ImageJeffM
jack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jack »

do you have a mac or pc. i can help you change it to not alot of different colors so it will run faster
Now, an army is a team - it lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. - Patton