Please help me get BZF to work properly

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Major Link
Private First Class
Private First Class

Please help me get BZF to work properly

Post by Major Link »

I'm having some trouble getting my BZF to work. Every time I get on, things start to lag a lot (in other words, weird movements as I move my tank)

Is there a way for me to fix this?

"I say we screw Strikers, and go straight to Smash Bros. Brawl instead. YEAH!"
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

You'll need to give us more information...

Your OS?
Computer specs?
Server you're playing on?
Do you think it's 'lag' or low framerate?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Cobra »

Have you been running other programs while playing bzflag? That makes it lag if you have other programs running at the same time.

Also do you have it set so the input is auto or keyboard? I know when I play I use the keyboard and it continues to make keyboard movements and it messes up the way my tank turns. So then I turn the input to just keyboard and I dont have that problem. The problem with setting it to keyboard is that you have to move your mouse in order to talk privatly with different people. When you have it set to keyboard you cant move your mouse since the bzflag is only responding to keyboard movement.

I wish there was somehow the devs could change this so you could only have it set to keyboard and then you could talk to different people in private message, without having to move the mouse.

RC
Cop@R3lax
Trusted@Viper
Kesnar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Kesnar »

I have got the same problem to.It solved when I downloaded the last drivers for my graphics card.

P.S.:Check out my thread about the same problem: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10108