hi y'all..need some help pliz

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
neo4reo
Private
Private

hi y'all..need some help pliz

Post by neo4reo »

i just joined the elite BZFlag community but iam kinda having a hard time connecting to any server
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

We can't read minds. Please give us some more information so we can help you. What operating system? What client version? Does any server work? Does it give an error message?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

Now now blast, he's new, no need to be harsh.

If there is an error message, what is it. Make sure you have the most up to date version of bzflag as well.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

bzflaginator wrote:Now now blast, he's new, no need to be harsh.
Huh?

He is asking for information that will help us fix the problem, but I guess fixing the problem is a bit "harsh" for you?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

bzflaginator wrote:Now now blast, he's new, no need to be harsh.

If there is an error message, what is it. Make sure you have the most up to date version of bzflag as well.
Harsh? I even said "Please".
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

gswish
Private First Class
Private First Class

ooo

Post by gswish »

Please dont fight :) it was probably just a miunderstanding by bzflaginator :D (Blast was not being harsh either)
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

[offtopic] I love your signature Blast. [/offtopic]

Please give us some more information so we can help you. Like Blast said, even though some of us may be off the top end, we can not read minds. We can help you, but you need to put a little effort into it for us to be able to help you.

Here is what we need:

Version of Bzflag
Operating System
Do you have firewalls set up?
How is your internet connection?
Do you get an error message such as: "Unable to Connect to server" or "Error connecting to server" ?
neo4reo
Private
Private

thanx 4 d response..

Post by neo4reo »

nice of u 2...notice me...i belive its d latest Bzflag...doesnt work on both my ubuntu-desktop& solaris...though it installs and opens..okay..personally i haven't got any firewalls....though the overall university network does have...iam still tryn 2 punch holes in it..buut i dont think its d problem...other games network quit fine.......connection speed 54mbps..wlan ....and i get an unable to connect 2 server..error message......thanx4 ur time :) :)
guyfawkes_usa
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by guyfawkes_usa »

Hmm... if you are at a University they may have some firewalls. When you try to connect to a game server, what kind of error do you get? What does it say exactly if I may ask?
charg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by charg »

If your at a uneversity its most likely that.

Are you using there internet, or your own?
Make sure you get my new Map Editor!: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=115526#115526