mofo help

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
lord_of_the_fries
Private First Class
Private First Class

mofo help

Post by lord_of_the_fries »

I've been playing the mofo server for the last several months but haven't been able to join games yesterday or today. I can log on just fine - I get the "Global login approved!" message, but then the game just sits there. I see scores, but don't see anything on radar or any pbp go by.

I'm able to join other servers and play there without problems. Except for the problem that I would rather play on mofo. :)

Any ideas?

I see some other posts from folks experiencing similar problems, but I'm only seeing this connecting to mofo.kicks-a$$.net on port 4200.

Tanks!
--
0xdeadbeef
lord_of_the_fries
Private First Class
Private First Class

Oh yeah ... forgot to mention: I'm seeing this with both the Mac OS Intel version of bzflag as well as the standard windows 2.0.8 binary under XP.

Any help would be appreciated ... I think I'm beginning to feel withdrawals!
--
0xdeadbeef
NTH
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NTH »

On Windows does bzflag take 100%, if so I would guess your IP has been banned. Or perhaps a IP range has been banned and yours falls into it.

Sorry I don't have any power on that server and don't recall the owner.

EDIT: Darth Vader would be a good person to contact send a message to Darth
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

NTH wrote:On Windows does bzflag take 100%, if so I would guess your IP has been banned.
What are you talking about?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

lord_of_the_fries
Private First Class
Private First Class

NTH wrote:EDIT: Darth Vader would be a good person to contact send a message to Darth
Thanks for the suggestion, I've contacted Darth Vader to see if I've been banned.
--
0xdeadbeef
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you were banned, it should say you are banned.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

lord_of_the_fries
Private First Class
Private First Class

blast wrote:If you were banned, it should say you are banned.
That's what I'd expect. And I'm not seeing any message to that effect. - the game just sits there. A message to the admins ought to shed some light on the subject, nonetheless.
--
0xdeadbeef
NTH
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by NTH »

blast wrote:
NTH wrote:On Windows does bzflag take 100%, if so I would guess your IP has been banned.
What are you talking about?
Some players have seen this type of behaviour, when your IP is banned. You don't see the banned message just bzflag on windows take's 100% cpu. It was just a hunch because he can connect on other servers.

NTH
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

NTH wrote:EDIT: Darth Vader would be a good person to contact send a message to Darth
For future reference, he prefers PMs to be sent to his other callsign. He only uses the name Darth Vader in-game.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Yeah - anyone needing help regarding MoFo can contant me throuh THIS user name.

Thank for the look-out, Trop
...This has been a recording.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

conclusion

Post by optic delusion »

Lord Of the Fries was getting caught up in a range-ban for a certain well-known cheater. We have banned his entire sub-net to eliminate this cheater.
If anybody else is getting caught up in this ban (or one of the similar bans), all you need is a registered name that we can add to a group with antiban permissions, and you will be allowed through the ban.

Range-bans and host-bans are a necessary evil. There are a few complete losers that have decided they don't have to play by the same rules that everyone else does. These bungholes continually re-appear with cheat clients, and create problems for the players that play fair. In order to remove the numbskulls we have to ban their entire internet service provider.

If you get caught up in one of these bans, all you need is report your registered name to the proper admins, and we will allow you through the ban.

Other news: I wish I had the courage to be crippled like that.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/30382
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.